Baby Back

hyaehus

Exactly! All these gimmicks etc...give a big smoke pit, and a black guy named Leon, and I'll get you some good ribs! Oddly as I type my potentially inflamatory racist stereotypes, I do recall a really good place in Philly named Dwights...there was also an old guy who used to grill on the street every Wednesday and Saturday night, all night. All the politicos would go there, really good food, then one day the city shut him down the bastards...Broad and Germantown Ave intersection...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to play golf with a big black guy from west Texas. One day he brought some of his ribs to the bar after a tournament and a bunch of us tried them. Some of the best tasting ribs ever, but most of us who tried them got sick. Turns out one of his 'secrets' was leaving the ribs out for 24 hours in a dry rub, by the kitchen window! :barf:

Next time he brought his ribs around to a tournament, he didn't get many takers.

It takes a "country boy" to make excellent bbq. It is not a white or black issue. Only a family owned bbq joint will do the hours of work it takes to cook bbq properly.

We would have a 4th of July party every year with over 500 people attending.

The day before, we would go out and buy all the meat. Clean, wash and put the "rubs" on to the meat.

Start the bb'q (it was about 6 foot long by 3 feet wide) as it had a separate fire chamber where we threw in the logs and a but if mesquite. Let the fire get burning and the bb'q get hot. Then put on the meat and choke down the fire so it would slow cook all night.

We made hundreds of pounds of ribs and brisket this way and it was some good eattin'

It takes a "country boy" to make excellent bbq. It is not a white or black issue. Only a family owned bbq joint will do the hours of work it takes to cook bbq properly.

Ah yeah...er no...no, first choice for BBQ is always a black person, the bigger the better. Named Leon, Bubba, Tyrone etc...or a black woman named Rosa or "Mama." Failing that, then yes, a distant 2nd choice would be a white country boy, with no teeth named Bubba or Hank. Trust me on this, I am a fat guy.

Archived