Nikon D3s

tomc12

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is me thinking a G11 is pretty cool.

I am fairly sure Canon makes an underwater housing for that camera...or maybe Ikelite...strobes can be had for it also...which makes it very versatile. I use an SD900 and Canon housing...too broke to buy the strobes...I use the video setting a lot...would love to see a video light for underwater use with these cheap cams...

I think you misunderstood my posting. I wasn't telling anyone to buy the camera; just where it is available.

As far as taking pictures at night, you are years behind in the technology. You might check this site to help bring you up to speed or check out the info at dpreview:

1) http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Nikon-D3S-12513

2) http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/NikonD3s/

Thanks for the links.

AS for the D3, it is difficult to find one in a shop here. Mail order has them, and shops say they can order them, but it seems no one actually has them on hand...to boot, if they did, they probably wouldn't let you handle them too much...I'd love to have one, but the price is just out of my league right now, and for the foreseeable future. :(

The G11 *is* a cool camera and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

I have a Canon SLR but will probably pick up a G11 because I want something smaller to put in my pocket on those occasions when an SLR is more than I want / need.

Don't overlook the S90 for a pocket camera... uses the same sensor as the G11 and has a slighlty faster lens. I took over 600 shots on a recent trip to LOS and was impressed with the results.

OH-that was the basis for my original posting. I tried everywhere I could to find one in the US-only thing I found were a few grey market ones. Rest of places you could preorder with no delivery time-e.g. Amazon was 4-8 weeks. Unfortunately most of responses were attacks on the cost, etc. I can deduct the cost as a business expense so not a factor for me.

Amazon has it for about $5100 or so just for the body. D3 is I think $1700 for the body...Not sure if both are made in Thailand or not. My D70 was, yet was oddly more expensive in Thailand, go figure.

Anyway, as they become more available, and newer stuff comes out, I would hope the cost would go down...I'd love to have one.

And who would know shit better than you? I mean having your head shoved so far up there...

The trouble with guys like you and Bust is you are all so jealous of me, an award winning professional photo journalist, that you really cannot understand true talent and art.

Archived