Nikon D3s

tomc12

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is an astoundingly good camera...but really, it is hard to justify spending that sort of money if you're not making money from it. The body only at 180,000 baht is more than most people are willing to spend for a camera to take snaps of Bangkok with! The average person would probably be better off with a D700, or even a D300.

Agree, fine if you can really afford it, but plenty of cheaper good quality cameras out there. As for night photos with no flash...if you know what you are doing, this is not necessarily an issue. Same for any camera.

D300 I think comes in 2 versions, not 100% certain what the differences are.

....D300 I think comes in 2 versions, not 100% certain what the differences are.

There doesn't appear to be a lot of difference other than the D300s can shoot continuously at 7fps compared to 6fps for the D300 and also the D300s can shoot HD movies. Presumably the D300s is an upgrade and therefore Nikon will have stopped producing the D300?

I often feel people get too caught up in the hardware. This photo here was taken with a 2 megapixel Kodak DC280 that I bought in 1999 and had no manual control whatsoever. I am not saying it is a great shot, but it is ok and I think it demonstrates that even the most basic cameras can still do ok.

NanaPlaza2000-4.jpg

Basic cameras are fine for web pictures, but a whole different story when you talk about printing pictures.

You can not take the same quality picture in low-light with the D300 as you can with the D3s, even if you know what you are doing. The D3s at ISO 12,800 compares to the D300 at ISO 3200.

The main reason I started the topic is for people in the US who are looking for the camera. When I left the US 2 weeks ago, you couldn't find one with a US warranty.

Archived