Driving During Songkran

bust

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have the Abrams tank and 50 cal guns! bring them on!!

Usually, the water throwing stops after sunset, but still, extreme caution is needed, IMO.

The problem with the water throwing is they throw at any moving target; walking, motorbike, car, etc.

Plus, they may add ice cubes or hot peppers to the water that they throw...farkin azzholes and usually farangs doing this crap...no worries, just use the 50 cal...

Driving upcountry during Songkran is really a kick in the butt if you haven't done it before (otherwise tiring).

Just keep your windows closed and be prepared to stop for the odd blockade (where they will wash your car, leaving it soaked and smeared with rice flour) especially on secondary roads. Smile and wave, and everybody will enjoy it.

If you plan on flying any part of the trip, book your flights NOW!

I STRONGLY disagree with driving at night.

Contrary to PFF (Popular Farang Folklore), most deaths don't happen as a direct result of the festivities, but due to drunk driving.

To be honest drunk driving happens at just about any time of the day, but especially at night.

You should not have too much trouble on the main highways though; just follow highway 1 all the way through.

I'd drive as early as possible; leave at 4 or 5am.

I may have to drive from Bangkok to mae Sot during the holiday period. Just a bit nervous considering the number of road deaths over these days.

Any tips......apart from the obvious one of "DON'T"

during Songkhran and New Year Season i usually sit not in my or any car.

Saw an hilariously fat Farang on a (relatively) tiny motorbike on Suk last night - that poor bugger must loom large as a target of immense interest to the morons with the super soakers. Nothing like endangering the lives of others in the name of a 'good time' - happy slapping, anyone ?

Saw an hilariously fat Farang on a (relatively) tiny motorbike on Suk last night - that poor bugger must loom large as a target of immense interest to the morons with the super soakers. Nothing like endangering the lives of others in the name of a 'good time' - happy slapping, anyone ?

Thats no way to talk about the esteemed board member Cavanami

Archived