How good is your katoeydar?

Wallenda

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Alex Kerr's reading of the 'fluid' approach that many Thais have to sexuality - if you believe in reincarnation, chances are that you have been a woman at least once in a prior life and will undoubtedly be one in a future life. Something for the board's misogynists to consider, methinks :)

I like Alex Kerr's reading of the 'fluid' approach that many Thais have to sexuality - if you believe in reincarnation, chances are that you have been a woman at least once in a prior life and will undoubtedly be one in a future life. Something for the board's misogynists to consider, methinks :)

I'm far from mysognist, but the idea we were women or tadpoles or velociraptors or paramecia in previous lives hits me as wishfully thought nonsense. Consider and promptly dismiss, I hope. No offense meant... just... yeah.

There are many katoeys who can fool even female viewers when viewed only in a still photo. It's when one sees them MOVE that one can clearly spot that they're genetically male or not with certainty (and, if you're observant, quite quickly).

Very, very few katoeys ever acquire a convincing natural feminine gait (especially feet and shoulder movements) when they walk. And that exaggerated "runway sashay" does not count as a "feminine gait," haha...if anything, it's one of the things that so quickly gives them away, especially the Thai katoeys...

Archived