Bunch of Idiots

radioman

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once I was connecting through IAH. Continental had two flights boarding at adjacent gates at the exact same time. One to San Jose, CA and the other to San Jose, Costa Rica! Once past the Gate Agent you could get on either flight by veering right or left down the jetway.

I was on the CA flight and the FA made 3 announcements (all in English) that this was the California flight. Suddenly a guy across the aisle stood up and gathered his bags!

Continental could not have made this anymore confusing. :doah:

The Fiji/Tahiti fiasco involved adjacent gates, as well, in the old LAX T2 (which was very cramped), although the flights departed more than an hour apart. We opted to use the terms Fiji & Tahiti in boarding announcements from then on, rather than just Nadi or Papeete.

"...Number Two Idiot so far in 2010

Early this year' date=' some Boeing employees on the airfield decided to steal a life raft from one of the 747s. They were successful in getting it out of the plane and home. Shortly after they took it for a float on the river, they noticed a Westpac Rescue Helicopter coming towards them. It turned out that the chopper was homing in on the emergency locator beacon that activated when the raft was inflated. They are no longer employed at Boeing..."

I have heard this story before involving airline employees. I tend to think it is exaggerated, or else an act of true stupidity, as the raft would be ridiculous in length. No ideas if it is true or not, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. [/quote']

I bought a raft from a Boeing employee so I guess it is okay to use?

Yeah go ahead, what could go wrong? You and Rogie taking a trip down the deliverence river?

I once posted an airline story about the passenger who re-boarded an ANZ flight from Los Angeles to Auckland instead of the flight to Oakland he was meant to take.

OH had heard many variants of the story over the years and naturally questioned its validity, but I was right there and witnessed the fuck-up as it happened just before we closed the doors of the 747 as it left LAX.

The attached news clipping is essentially factual, except for the bit about the passenger misunderstanding the flight attendant's accent. It was a ground staff supervisor from Golders Green that he misunderstood.

And that wasn't even ANZ's biggest fuck-up at LAX. We once had a group of 30 Iowan farmers board a flight to Tahiti, instead of our Fiji flight! I witnessed that one too. :doah:

"Wrong Way Lewis"

Yeah, I have certainly heard a lot of stories on that, and was always told it was all bullshit. You did provide links and proof...so weel, stand corrected on that.

Regarding the raft story...Those things are huge and heavy, not sure why anyone would consider it for river rafting...unless they wanted to take a hundred+ people along...

There was a version of this story floating around my airline as well, even had names of employees attached to it...the guys are still employed and all parties deny it. Guys I know that work for a different airline have their version of it as well...of course no telling what some guys will steal...

of course no telling what some guys will steal...

There was a PanAm 'ticket agent' at LAX; FBI raided his home and found a garage full of suitcases. I don't know whether he stole them out of the lost and found cages or stole them 'fresh' but, apparently, he stole them whole rather than pilfer them at the airport.

I can't claim to have witnessed that one. It was just the story I heard when I'd ask, "What ever happened to good old Farouk? Haven't seen him around lately."

I never did see that guy at work again, so I'm guessing the FBI won out over the union on that case. :content:

Archived