Red-shirts parade the dead

WorldFun

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/174467/red-shirts-parade-the-dead

"The anti-government United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) paraded the coffins of two of their dead red-shirt supporters, together with 14 empty caskets, from the main rally site at Phan Fa bridge to Sanam Luang on Monday Morning.

The procession, which began at 10am, comprised 17 vehicles accompanied by motorcycles and red-shirt supporters marching on foot, reports said.

The bodies of the 14 other red-shirts who died in the violent clashes with authorities on Saturday were still being autopsied at the Police General hospital.

The UDD covered the caskets with the national flag together with portraits of the dead demonstrators.

Groups of red-shirts were still occupying their main protest venues at Phan Fa and Ratchaprasong intersection to prevent the government's security forces from occupying the areas.

The extreme political violence on Saturday resulted in 21 deaths - 17 civilians, including a foreign reporter, and four soldiers - with 858 others injured."

There are 2 schools of thought on this action, was it displaying martyrdom and galvanising the anti-government protesters or was it a step too far?

I can only call it as I see it within my limited circle of Thais I associate with. I have mentioned in other threads how many families, not just my own, are split between the two colours, but after the parading of the bodies yesterday a few relatives of the wife, father included, called her to state disapproval of the actions and loss of support for the Reds.

I admit that my "Straw Opinion Poll" is biased since we recently said goodbye to my sister in law, but even my red shirt neighbours admit it was a step too far.

yes having to win like soiled/spoiled kids, but with so many 'victories' declared already when is enough - enough - I'd like to inquire for any in the know?

coz at the negotiation table they called for 15day house resolution, but suddenly now it's immediate election+PM kicked out of the country (wonder they want him to mate their leader or whats the idea)?

real true sportsmanship moving the goalposts back midgame!

Archived