Kasit slams international community

Flashermac

ALL the Thais in power and influence SUPPORTED the drug killings!

Does this justify or make these extrajudicial killing any more legal? I absolutely don't think so. If you do, then what about Hitlers crimes against humanity which a lot of Germans also supported first?

Secondly, they supported the war on drugs per se and were not very concerned about the killings as they first anticipated the dead were involved in the drug trade. However, when it became more and more obvious that the majority of these killing were not drug related, they strongly opposed Thaksin's harsh actions. That's also the reason why Thaksin did not advertised the second and third war on drugs as much as the first. The news paper also did not much report on these due to heavy censorship.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shygye - during that time no one could go against Thaksin without losing their position!

That is basically my whole problem with him - he had so much potential and instead of using it for the benefit of the country - he used it only for himself.

And now we as a country are paying for that.

ALL the Thais in power and influence SUPPORTED the drug killings!

Does this justify or make these extrajudicial killing any more legal? I absolutely don't think so. If you do' date=' then what about Hitlers crimes against humanity which a lot of Germans also supported first?

Secondly, [b']they supported the war on drugs per se and were not very concerned about the killings[/b] as they first anticipated the dead were involved in the drug trade. However, when it became more and more obvious that the majority of these killing were not drug related, they strongly opposed Thaksin's harsh actions. That's also the reason why Thaksin did not advertised the second and third war on drugs as much as the first. The news paper also did not much report on these due to heavy censorship.

Stop trying to rewrite history! :nono: Isn't what your saying is the most damning thing about ALL the Thais in power? Tell me which BiB have been charged with murder relating to the drug killings?

Mr T was not overthrown because of the drug war. It was 100% greed of the old elites who felt they weren't getting their share of the spoils.

Clearly life in Thailand is not considered as valuable as Western life.

When I mentioned the extra-legal drug related killings to Thais around me they rather seemed to call it collateral damage and shrug their shoulders.

So have been talks lately with red shirt sympathizers: "we are ready to die for the cause" is something I hear often lately :banghead:

Archived