True Visions HD

Pom Michael

Don't think so - I have the Digital Satellite - they seem to know that when they confirmed to set me up next week.

I'll let you know how it works after next week.

It is 290 baht per month extra. Right now only 2 channels (one movie, one sport).

Not sure if worth it - will at least try it for a few months.

Cheers!

Another totally crap worthless Thai idea. Let us know how it works out.

I have digital sat and they told me that it won't work, they need to install cable for 7K baht, then 460 month extra = new box rental + channel fee, plus, they advertise 4 channels but only have 3. That's in addition to the 1600+ THB for my "Gold" service. Gotta admit that's a pretty good deal, though. This month they are featuring the Asian premiere of "Flashdance"

After my phone inquiries, the woman asked if I wanted to make an appointment for installation. I told her that if I ever went insane, she'd be the first person I'd call.

Hi,

Thanks. Doubt I'll bother though as I only have the Knowledge Package (main reason for getting Truevision was to get 'good' quality Thai channels; I myself hardly ever watch TV).

No desire to upgrade to Gold + HD and pay an extra 1,000 Baht a month or so just to get 2 HD channels.

Sanuk!

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/05/05/life/A-whole-different-world-30128605.html

The high definition channels on TrueVisions make you feel like you've been living in a fog

Two new high-definition (HD) channels from TrueVisions allow owners of large-screen LCD and plasma TVs to really make the most of them. True Sport HD and HBO HD are broadcast on Channel 111 and 112 respectively for satellite subscribers.

TrueVisions had test runs in March for selected users and officially launched the channels last month.

Gold and Platinum subscribers can get the HD package for Bt290 per month. Their set-top boxes and satellite receivers will be enabled for decoding at no extra charge. If you have a set-top box and haven't already paid the deposit fee, though, have Bt4,000 ready.

I admit this is a stupid question now - but...

How do I find out if my Panasonic 42 inch plasma TV is HD capable?

I can't find anything on Panasonics website for this model (TH-42PA50M) - the closest one is TH-42PA20. The only heading for Panasonic Plasma TV's is "VIERA® Plasma HDTVs" - so can I assume that all are HD ready? This one is a few years old - believe bought about Jan 2007.

:dunno:

Archived