Need a tailor for a custom job

Swasdee Krap Friends,

I am new to this board but not new to LOS. In 16 years I never utilized the services of any of th 100's of tailors that are as thick in Bkk as butter.

This is what I need.

http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/Costume/07%20-%20kopia.jpg

I have detailed patterns and the material. Do any of you chaps know of any that would do this for the 100USD range?

Try the lady at Queen Thai Silk, in the same building that has Thermae in the basement, Ruamchitt Plaza.

She could certainly do it, tho' I am unsure if your budget is enough. Depends upon the materials chosen, I guess. You'll be using some very cheap materials to come in at ~B3300.

FYI, Mrs LK gets dresses made there -- usally formal gowns and cocktail party dresses and stuff like that. They usually run B9-11k.

Thanks Mates,

Here is a better link;

Let's try this.

https://www.reconstructinghistory.com/polish.php?s=&c=8&d=118&e=&f=&g=&a=122&w=2

This is for historical re-enactments and I am 17th Century Polish husar. It's very expensive to get these garments made over here so I am just seeing what I can come up with. Worse comes to worse, I will bring my pattern and material and have my sis in law drive me to all the dressmakers.

Liz King, I know the place well. I had many enjoyable stays at Ruamchitt. I actually have the material and patterns. Hell, if she'll do it and do a decent job for 3300 bath just for labor I'll be happy. Getting this done here in America is $3-500 dollars.

Gladius - over near Fortune town, on Ding Dan - turn left if coming down Asoke just before fortune - right hand side, is a katoey dress maker/ fashion outlet.

Some AMAZING stuff there, BUT they make a LOT of theatrical stuff.

ALSO another Katoey Dressmaker making the same theatrical stuff, turn right on PPhanyothin, just before Big C, the soi with all the Thai Go-Go's.

About 1 km down there on the right again heading to Vipidrangsit is the shop - again can't miss it, look for theatrical stuff in the window.

Err - I am sure they'll love the photo :)

Gladius69

My girlfriend does tailoring in Bangkok. She has a shop and has made Halloween costumes for foreign customers before and they were very pleased with the finished product. My girlfriend speaks English well. She has seen the pictures from your links and says that since you have a pattern its easy for her. She will make it for you for much less than 3000 baht. She's very busy now so it will take 2 weeks.

If you want her email address or phone number send me a Private Topic.

Spice Man and Mates,

Thank you for your great replies. I should say that back in the good ole days of the 1500s and 1600s when a soldier saw someone wearing the garments I am referring to, it was usually the last garment they saw because they were tangling with the most verocious cavalry in Europe.

The dildo like object is called at buzbua. It was symbol of nobility in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. It was also the sign of a military commander.They also made great weapons on horseback. I shattered a watermelon with one strok (on horseback)a couple of weeks ago.

SPICEMAN-I can't figure how to send private EM. I will probably take you up. We will not be there until August. My wife is getting lasic in Bkk and then to her home in Surin for a few weeks. We will, of course, be back in BKK, a day or two before we fly back. Please send your gf's email to my em at lordjim92704@yahoo.com. I can send her more pics and photos. Again, I will have the fabric and a detailed pattern. Heck, I migh even have her a make a few if she's up to it and wants the money.

Thanks Mates

BW

Archived