What to expect from Thaksin's new lobbyist Robert Amsterdam

LizardKing

[color:blue]Amsterdam and Peroff is known for turning its clients into symbols of miscarriages of justice through articles and blog posts written by Robert Amsterdam.

This means we can expect articles, press releases, and opinion pieces in major outlets like Huffington Post demonizing the government and touting the Red Shirts, but written from the perspective of a reasoned opinion piece. Along with this will likely be an advocacy blog for democracy in Thailand delivered on behalf of the Red Shirt movement.

When the USA for Innovation issued press releases and other articles on behalf of Thaksin's cause in 2007, the international media uncritically carried these along with USA for Innovation's fake history despite the "organization" having been set up just the month before.

Amsterdam and Peroff is a much more up-front and nuanced foe for the government. It has demonstrated an aggressive and extensive use of social media and has a respected history of altering international opinions of those it represents--most notably Yukos CEO Mikhail Khodorkovsky who is now seen internationally as a victim of the Kremlin's antidemocratic meddling in business activities.[/color]

More at the rink

Fascinating stuff. I don't know how effective those PR firms are in Thailand or how much the so-called 'international community' even cares. Ahbisit should hire Saatchi and Saatchi. For every 'Thaksin as victim' story they could do a 'nice guy reluctantly uses force'.

Al-Jazeera cutie hands Mr Amsterdam his arse. His only responses are a shit-load of tap-dancing, a few lies and a couple of I don't knows. Why don't more journo's ask direct questions directly like that?

He avoided directly answering some of the questions on the minds of many, amongst them:

1. Is Thaksin funding this protest?

2. The red shirts are also armed, aren't they?

3. Thaksin was accused of violating human rights, wasn't he? etc...

EDIT: can't get the embed to work, so link:

I felt sorry for the guy during that interview.

Now - someone with some time on their hands - please take a memo!

Since he by his own admission is "working" for Thaksin, and "working in Thailand" - therefore he has a work permit and is paying tax on his salary that he is earning while in the Kingdom.

Anyone believe the Thai labour law is not applicable in this case?

I sure hope Mr. Thaksin has put in some performance (KPI's) for what he is paying this firm for - so far he hasn't seemed to have made any "talking points" so far.

Cheers!

Archived