Steve

I was curious, so I checked. Black Miss USA winners :

* Carole Gist 1990

* Kenya Moore 1993

* Chelsi Smith 1995

* Shauntay Hinton 2002

* Rachel Smith 2007

* Chrystle Stewart 2008

There have been seven black Miss America winners, the first in 1984.

Leona Gage was the Miss USA who got the boot for being married - in 1957!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Leona_Gage

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally, I can't wait for the tea-baggers to start whining about the "terrorist" getting named Miss USA.

They right wing blogs actually started immediately looking for muslim terrorists and a world wide conspiracy which manipulates beauty contests with the aim to have muslim beauties elected:

Debbie Schlussel, a conservative blogger, charged that Fakih was a radical Muslim because [color:red]she shares her family name with some officials in Hezbollah[/color], the militant Lebanese Shiite Muslim group.

The Jewish Internet Defense Force, a pro-Israeli website, proclaimed it "[color:red]a dark day for America[/color]."

Daniel Pipes, an outspoken neoconservative author and former adviser to Rudy Giuliani's presidential campaign, wondered about "[color:red]this surprising frequency of Muslims winning beauty pageants[/color]"  he listed five examples in three countries since 2005  and suggested that the Donald Trump-owned Miss USA pageant had bowed to affirmative action.

Rink

:dunce::rotl:

It may not be much in the big picture but having a President with a muslim father and a middle name of Hussein and even a Miss UsA who is an arab helps. Every little bit helps in at least tipping the scales for us for the neutral muslims and arabs out there. The hardliners won't ever change.

One thing I think that scares the hell out of a lot of muslims is that given a choice, the 'decadence' of the west wins out over their culture. Its one of the reasons there are a numerous private elementary muslim schools in the greater Los Angeles area. I'm not saying they are schooling them in anti american ways. Quite the opposite, they are raised to respect the country but they are worried about the non muslim boyfriends and girlfriends their kids are having nowadays as well as husbands and wives.

TO be fair, Jewish americans are just as worried. I once read an article where a jewish activist said the greatest threat to judaism in America is interfaith marriage. In the more radical parts of Israel, the biggest insult you can be called is a Christian if you're not observing the sabbath or you're seen having a BLT.

Protecting the daughters is the heart of a lot of things when all is said and done. As an old pimp that used to hang around the liquor store when I was a kid said about politics and all the world's problems....'man, when you cut to the heart of the bullshit its all about money and pussy'.

I was curious, so I checked. Black Miss USA winners :

* Carole Gist 1990

* Kenya Moore 1993

* Chelsi Smith 1995

* Shauntay Hinton 2002

* Rachel Smith 2007

* Chrystle Stewart 2008

There have been seven black Miss America winners, the first in 1984.

Leona Gage was the Miss USA who got the boot for being married - in 1957!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Leona_Gage

I boned all these bitches, what's your point?

When I was a young whippersnapper like you, I didn't have to go any further than Artesia, CA to find dairy farmer hotties of Dutch descent.

Whippersnapper. Ha. You sound like my grandma Inez from the Virginia Hills. Except I met you USV, you're no geezer.

When I was 12 back in Indiana, used to detassel corn for these guys at Dutch owned farms. Most miserable fucking job you can imagine and I still don't understand how they get away with hiring 12 year olds to do that shit.

I remember some of the guys didn't like the Dutch because they owned the farms. Even back then I thought they were stupid. I was thinking about those beautiful daughters traipsing around in their cut-off shorts and bikini tops. Those occasional glimpses made the job endurable.

Fuck me, I'm off topic again. *smacks self upside the head*

Archived