Soapie Kingpin to square off against corruption

dave32

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strong? Yes? Over the top? After a year? I do not think so. Just what claim do the squatters have on land that they do not own nor have a valid contract to be on? Just what good is the deed to a parcel of land if you cannot get people who have no claim to it off of it?

Again. I am failing to see the issue here. This is all about ownership rights. You are advocating anarchy.

The issue was that it was illegal! You can't hire a bunch of thugs to bulldoze and trash the place. You have to go through the legal channels. It is you that is advocating anarchy, by not following the eviction laws! :doah:

Other evictions have taken place lawfully, like CEP and the corner of Asoke and Suk. All without bulldozers and thugs coming in late at night.

Squatters in Farangland would also not get bulldozed in the middle of the night either.

They'd get their day in court, lose, get eviction notices, and get told a date to move out. Those that did not move out would get a visit from authorities and would get moved (and not with a bulldozer).

But, as we have been reminded a lot lately, this did not take place in Farangland, and as I have not lived there for years, I do not have a valid opinion on the matter.

How about those Celtics!!!

Bulldozers have been used in the Netherlands and in Germany to remove squatters from the squatted places during the 8-tees, as well as various other machinery to get in to the buildings that were partially severely booby trapped.

During squatter riots demonstrators died in Berlin.

Just out of curiosity LK, since you seem to feel that extrajudicial actions are justified, were you a support of Thakky's extrajudicial killings of drug dealers?

I mean, they knew that the penalty for drug dealing was death, and Thakky pretty much warned them and they knew what was coming. It isn't like they didn't have it coming...

Some I'm guessing you were a big supporter of Ole Blockhead at the time.

Aye. I've been fortunate enough to have drinks with him on numerous occasions at Cosmos in PP2...

Shygye, do you think *squatters* in farangland would get any second thought in a case like this? So why should they here? Make no mistake, squatters are what they were.

[color:red]These people were not squatters.[/color] What he did was pure evil. It was one peak moment of Thai corruption.

And if it was an "appropriate response, why do it with a nameless, non-uniformed militia? Why do it in the dead of night? Why not wait for a court order to clear the property, and then have the police do the eviction?

He could not evict them. He did not have a foot to stand on. His mafia army did his dirty work.

If he had legal grounds to evict them, he could have gone to court. But the Thai courts in civil matters are notoriously slow. e.g. The landlord's nieces in my old compound were squabbling with her over ownership of much of the property. It took about THREE YEARS for the court to decide the matter. Chuwit did not want to wait.

Also, the examples of squatters in the Netherlands and in Berlin were evictions by the legal authorities, not by a gang of hired goons.

Archived