Obama Again

Hugh_Hoy

Is Obama’s BP Shakedown an Impeachable Offense?

As former counsel and trainer in political tactics for ACORN, President Obama used a well-known ACORN tactic, the shakedown, in getting BP to create the $20-billion escrow (slush!) fund without any law, legal controls, or binding rules to guide it on how and how much those injured materially by the oil spill (and whom among them) will be paid. Attorney Kenneth Feinberg, well-respected and well-known for heading the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund, was appointed by the president to administer the escrow fund. BP will pay $5 billion into the fund for four years, starting in 2010.

BP announced early after the spill that it would pay all justifiable claims resulting from the disastrous oil spill. It opened 25 claims offices. As of June 15, BP approved initial payments that amounted to $63 million, expected to rise to $85 million by the end of the week, to businesses claiming $5,000 or more in damages. Why did the president insist that his own personal organization take over the job of paying claims? After all, supervising reparations is a judicial function, not an executive function. BP created its own fund, appointed its administrator, and determined how it will be staffed with a view to ensuring only qualified persons, businesses, and governments would be reimbursed for its losses. Now those decisions will be made politically...

http://www.infowars.com/is-obamas-bp-shakedown-an-impeachable-offense/

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole thing is extra-legal ... a whopping fine without any court decision. And why is the Federal government handing it out? On what authority? I hardly think it is an impeachable offence, but it is very peculiar - and much more serious than a blowjob in the Oral Office. :hmmm:

Obama is scared of the Tea baggers.

You can't *possibly* believe that???

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Sure he is. They keep accusing him of being a muslim. Doesn't work with enlightened people but it's very effective with hardcore GOP voters. He's already said he wants to leave Afghanistan before victory. That's considered weakness by the Tea Baggers.

Things aren't going well in Afghanistan. McChrystal got his surge but it's not working. What we're seeing between Obama and McChrystal is the blame game starting.

The whole thing is extra-legal ... a whopping fine without any court decision. And why is the Federal government handing it out? On what authority? I hardly think it is an impeachable offence, but it is very peculiar - and much more serious than a blowjob in the Oral Office. :hmmm:

Look, BP is going to pay billions in restitution. This is separate from the fines BP is paying for the spill. The fine is based on the amount of oil spilled and is why BP has kept low-balling the figures!According to the Clean Water Act (first enacted in 1972 but modified and revised since), penalties for spilling oil into U.S. waters can be as high as $4,300 a barrel. This penalty was put in place to deter companies from taking a lackadaisical approach to safety in the aftermath of the 1989 Exxon Valdez disaster, which polluted areas of the coastline of Alaska and killed wildlife.

BP agreed to setting up the fund AND its stock price rebounded after the decision was made. This benefits BP because now the USA government is on the hot seat for dispersing the funds and removes BP.

Nope. The birthers insist that 18-year-old Stanley Ann Obama, bigamous wife of a penniless exchange student from a remote village in Kenya, decided to fly off to Kenya - where she had never been and knew no one - to give birth to little Obie Junior. She then immediately flew back to Hawaii, where she falsely registered little Obie as a native born American citizen. :)

I'm surprised they haven't made something of the fact that Stanley Dunham and Barack Senior met in a RUSSIAN LANGUAGE CLASS. Do I see a Soviet plot in this, one that finally is coming to fruition?

:stirthepo

Not saying its not a possible chain of events but I'm trying to follow the logic. If having a native born child was so important that she would falsify a birth certificate then why go to Kenya in the first place? She flew to Kenya pregnant, had the child, raced back and falsified a birth certificate. Why go through all that?

BO is starting to act like he thinks he may be a one term prez. He seems to be enjoying himself while he can. The latest polls show that Hillary is more popular at long last. Wonder if she will challenge him. :hmmm:

A lot of it depends on who wins the Republican primary. If its Palin, Obama wins. If its one of the also rans from '08, they may...may...make a contest out of it.

I don't know if I'd call him a puppet, I think he may have realized that the President doesn't weild as much power to change things as he thought. Its Congress that is the power and only Congress can change things with a compliant President.

Archived