Obama Again

Hugh_Hoy

Our Wanker-in Chief, Komrad Obama, has decided to break with an American tradition of the sitting U.S. President visiting Arlington Memorial Cemetary outside of Washington, D.C. on Memorial Day. It is a tradition of U.S. Presidents to lay a wreath there on this hallowed day.

So, what does the fuckstick do? He takes his family to Chicago for a holdiday weekend to spend "at home", where he will find it convenient to place a wreath in a local cemetary...and send Biden to do what is not convenient for him. Vice-President's are supposed to go to foreign funerals for other heads of state...not take the place of a President to pay thanks and homage to American soldiers. Maybe Obama thinks of American servicemen as "foreigners". Maybe the "birthers" are correct.

HH

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.k. I'll give you this one...but I have to say I was a bit miffed that Clinton showed up to put a wreath on the tomb of the unknown...I mean the guy was a draft...er dodger? excuser? elitist cowardly fuck wit who thought he was to good to go? whatever...I had a bit of an issue with it...

While Comrade Barry Is also not a vet, as far as I know he never ran his mouth about vets or the war(s) in a negative light...still, he should be there.

Jay Agg, communications director for AMVETS, a veterans service organization, said "this really is a nonissue," calling a lot of the outrage "politically motivated."

"It really does seem odd to me that such a big deal is being made out of this because he is going to a national cemetery to observe the holiday in Illinois. Bush sent Cheney to a Veterans Day event in DC," Agg said.

Obama's absence from Memorial Day services at Arlington will not be unprecedented, but in recent years, it has been a common practice to attend. President Bill Clinton went every year of his presidency, and President George W. Bush went each year except for the year he was in Europe to commemorate the D-Day anniversary. Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush did not attend regularly.

"AMVETS recognizes and appreciates the fact that the president has done a lot for veterans," Agg said. "He's behind the largest increase to the VA budget in history and has signed a number of critical pieces of legislation that benefit vets, including the post-9/11 GI bill, and more recently, caregiver legislation," he said.

commie link

Well, dudes...take a look at the other threads here...nothing exclusive about Thailand in this forum. I guess this post could've been put in the Board Bar forum just as well. Looks like those who are Obama ass-lickers don't like the message; so let's just nuke it, eh? (BTW, the topic is well-enough ID'd; easy enough to ignore I would think.)

Any way, I'm certainly happy that Obama is enjoying his holiday at home this weekend. I'm sure 1000's of our military service personnel would like to be home also. Unfortunately, Obama chose to avoid interrupting his holiday to pay homage to those who never made it home alive to spend a holiday with their families. What an asshole he is.

HH

Archived