Thaksin derails peace talks; in contact with rogue military officers

BaronTT

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not questioning his impression at all, actually it IS the same impression I have of Thaksin.

But he was there at a party and was obviously struck by what he saw. So I wanna know what he saw that made him think so. Was he rude to the waiters? Were people fawning over him and him lapping it up? Just curious.

All of this was over a two or more year period and were observations of the way the entirety interacted: to wit employees ,waiters underlings his campaign staff, his brother in law, the Mrs, his kids. Enough... hes nuts IMHO Over and out on this one.

All of this was over a two or more year period and were observations of the way the entirety interacted: to wit employees ,waiters underlings his campaign staff, his brother in law, the Mrs, his kids. Enough... hes nuts IMHO Over and out on this one.

Well you're preaching to the converted here, so I just wish you were willing to describe what you saw, mainly cuz I haven't heard anyone who had first hand up close contact with the guy -- seems like everyone here just consumes the same media-version that I do. Guess from this reply the answer is that you don't want to tell what you saw. Not sure why, but ok. It's just that what you say here seems a bit vague. You're 100% clear about the conclusion you drew, but very on what you saw that led you to that conclusion. Oh well, guess I have to wait for someone else who was at the same parties.

All of this was over a two or more year period and were observations of the way the entirety interacted: to wit employees ' date='waiters underlings his campaign staff, his brother in law, the Mrs, his kids. Enough... hes nuts IMHO Over and out on this one. [/quote']

Well you're preaching to the converted here, so I just wish you were willing to describe what you saw, mainly cuz I haven't heard anyone who had first hand up close contact with the guy -- seems like everyone here just consumes the same media-version that I do. Guess from this reply the answer is that you don't want to tell what you saw. Not sure why, but ok. It's just that what you say here seems a bit vague. You're 100% clear about the conclusion you drew, but very on what you saw that led you to that conclusion. Oh well, guess I have to wait for someone else who was at the same parties.

I would have thought his maniacal attitude sticks out like the proverbial dog balls. Same as Hitler, same as Stalin ... just their words, how they express them, their motivations etc ...

An ego and sense of self that was way out of touch with reality. Shrewdly intuitive about manipulating others yet highly dillusional about himself. Its been about 5 years but hard to forget

You've just describe pretty much EVERY bigwig CEO. I you ever met Jack Welch, you would have described him the same way. Doesn't make Thakky, Welch, or other CEO's evil corrupt terrorists ... just a common character trait of those who have successfully climbed the corporate ladder.

That’ why CEO’s make such terrible heads of state. They cannot deal with the criticism. Thaksin is certainly a classic example of this. By 2006 he was very unstable, lashing out in public against anyone that asked any sort of hard question. His news conferences often ended up in shambles as he chewed out reporters that questioned his decisions.

No, doesn’t make him a terrorist, but if he did indeed fund the faction of the red shirts that did the burnings with knowledge, or even participation in the planning, of what they intended to do, then he is indeed a terrorist.

Personally, I think the government has the evidence, but is having difficulty publishing because much of it may have come from cell/satellite phone intercepts passed on by US intelligence and they don’t want it made public.

TH

"It's astounding. Time is fleeting. Madness... takes its toll.

But listen closely, not for very much longer, I've got to... keep control."

(Opening lyrics to the Time Warp -- the song sung in your post's montage. Yep, definitely reminiscent of Takky). :)

[quote name=ThaiHome

Personally' date=' I think the government has the evidence, but is having difficulty publishing because much of it may have come from cell/satellite phone intercepts passed on by US intelligence and they don’t want it made public.

TH[/quote]

You've been reading too many Le Carre novels. IF they had such intercepts, they would publish them in a heartbeat. Why wouldn't they?

The "terrorist" angle is straight out of the Bush/Cheney playbook. If it worked for those two bozo's why wouldn't it work for Abhisit and his PAD buddies?

Not too difficult to answer, as it was implied in public media a while ago.....

Because governments frequently share confidential information on the condition that the info is not sourced back to them.

governments are generally very sensitive to disclose what information they have and how they came by that information, ie, their capabilities

Archived