Orange Talent Agency

waerth

Worked for me, but as you never got back to me after I spoke to you in April, I thought you were out of business.

About the war movie. The reason I never got back to you is because of the way it went with that movie. They changed characters on us 5 or 6 times (actually a normal thing, directors never know what they want untill one day before shooting!) and by the time shooting started me and Peter of Wattnott had split up.

Also usually after someones details and pictures are received by an agency, they will not get back to you until there actually is a job :). With many many people in a database it is impossible to start daily conversations with everyone as you would need 12 hours per day on top of the 24 you got. Believe me 50% of the people when given a chance will email you every day with all kinds of questions. So that is the reason why there is usually only reactions from an agency when there are jobs.

People do not need to worry as their details are staying with the agent and they will be contacted (which can be a year after you first send your details) as soon as there is a casting or an extra job.

Some people might get the impression that the agent doesn't like them which is usually not true ... it is just there are no jobs for that particular character/body type/age group etc. Also with over 100 agencies and over 100 production companies, no agency has all the jobs! Which is why you should always register yourself with multiple agents!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question. I have sites built for a 12 pack all the time. You need a decent guy that will work for drinks in BKK, PM me.

I will PM you. But right at the moment I am struggling. Since end of April it has been quiet because of the red shirts. And jobs now are slowly returning. I cannot spend one baht on something that is not priotity one, like phone cards for my mobile phone.

Most agencies do not have websites anyway. I have my reasons to want one. But it is not priority nr 1.

Right now I am surviving not knowing where I will get my next money from. In October I know I have 2 big productions coming. And November is when high season kicks in till May/June for this line of work so then I will have more than enough jobs. It is until then that I am worrying about as I have no money at all. I am talking with 2 people about a small investment in my agency to get me through August and September. Otherwise things look extremely bleak.

Hi,

When building a website keep in mind that there are 3 criteria, time, cost and quality. You can never get all 3 low at the same time.

I.e. you can get a good quality website in a short time, but it will cost you a lot of money. Or you can get a cheap crappy website really quick.

No offense meant to TheCorinthian, but I am rather tired of people offering to build website cheaply. Almost inevitably this means the end result is crap and on top of that it lowers the price expectations of customers.

We've had loads of customers wanting huge, complex websites build and then freak out when they found out that it can't have a Thai version of Facebook for 50K Baht.

Sanuk!

I'm with you on this one KS

With absolutely no disrespect to Mr C (he may be very lucky and have a friend that will do him huge favours)

But like everything in life....ya gets what ya pay for....

Peanuts & monkeys comes to mind

JMHO

Cheers DS

My ex worked in castings and bookings.

Basically all you need is an email address and a phone.

Casting agents only really want to look at the portfolio shots of possible talent which you can just scan and email. Rest is show up for the casting if called.

You would be surprised how little you need. I am sure waerth is not under the delusion he is Ari Gold......or is he :hmmm:

Precisely Bust. The first one whom gets it ...

although I try to differentiate by actually being on the set with the extras/actors if I have time to help if anything arises .... like drunk extras etc.

This is why there is a number of casting departments whom love to work with me.

Now enough talking, send me your pics and details!

ps Bust I might know your ex- than as it is a very small world in this business in Thailand!

ps2 who is Ari Gold?

My ex only worked here in Australia. I guess her claim to fame was she cast (against a lot of objections from the her boss) Russell Crowe in The Sum Of Us as the gay son.

As for Ari Gold

qKNV5foRiL4

Archived