The fast food thread...

LizardKing

I had a Thai mate in Sydney who had some very famous restaurants, but of course the food was twisted towards Aussie tastes.

I asked him easier to cook good thai in Australia or Thailand, expecting the answer to be thailand.

Nope - if I make REAL Thai food for family or friends, fruit and veggies and herbs much better quality in Aus!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a Thai mate in Sydney who had some very famous restaurants, but of course the food was twisted towards Aussie tastes.

I asked him easier to cook good thai in Australia or Thailand, expecting the answer to be thailand.

Nope - if I make REAL Thai food for family or friends, fruit and veggies and herbs much better quality in Aus!

Now there is one in Houston, TX run by Ott (of the Silver Dollar in Washington Square here in BKK). Never been there but may be worth a try.

Hope the Service is faster.....especially if 3 people order food within 5 minutes of each other....lol

Love Toom dearly....but she will never win the 100m sprint at the Olympics....

Where is this at in Houston?

When we are there we have been going to the north side off of I610.

On Cavalcade to the small Thai market there.

They have a small restaraunt.

But they changed cooks and now it has been kinda hit or miss.

The lab moo used to be great. Last time to much lime in it.

Yesterday had Som Tom Lao at Khun Dom (I'm in love with the waitress), today had Tom Yum Goong at Sanamluang Cafe.

I went to Sanamluang (I've been there a few times over the years on visits) about 4 years ago, and was amazed by the serving size. Prices are perhaps 10x Thai prices, but serving size is at least 4x too. The quality was just ok, but the best I've ever had in the US for Thai food. The lady at the little shop around the corner from me here in Pattaya makes better stuff, and that's true, I'm sure, of thousands of little shops around Thailand.

Ha. Small world.

Walk over there (Sanamluang) at least once a week from the medical center on Sunset. I love the place. Little hole in the wall in a rundown strip mall. But if you really want to capture its magic -- go @ 2am on a Saturday. Yep, it's open.

And overflowing with some very - VERY - hot and nubile Asian clubbing felines.

Will have to get some recommendations from you next time my sorry @#$ stumbles into Pattaya. :) I have no idea where to eat there.

Archived