The fast food thread...

LizardKing

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Imported Thai spices are expensive in the States, so most Thai restaurants try to get by with substitutes. Also, they usually adapt recipes to what they think western tastes will like. :dunno:

For years, most Thai food around here sucked. It is only in the last few years that we can get good Thai or Issaarn dishes. In my area, the ingredients are readily available to make it at home as well, usually not so expensive...we do still have trouble finding Bai gaprow...the holy hot basil...I do find some of the better "Thai" restaurants here are actually owned/run by Lao people...I love the Issaarn/Lao food.

"Naam Khao"

Your water? His water? rice water? Fuck Old hippie, Bobby banned him years ago?

My experience is that the food in places like McDonalds and Burger King is basically the same as at home, the main difference is with the service.

In Thailand most of the employees generally appear to take their job seriously. They dress neatly, actively try to serve you, keep the place clean, etc.

Quite the opposite at home. Most fast food employees could give a shit about their job and it shows. I consider myself lucky if I get a server that can actually speak English.

I feel sorry for those guys and girls in Macdonlds who have to serve some of the farang tossers that go to the restuarants, they really get a lot of aggro sometimes.

Archived