Young BKK Students Gone Wild?

cavanami

"Boys are wonderful and can do anything they want. "

Yes I've seen this in Japan and Thailand, young boys being completely irresponsible, rude, aggressive and demanding. All to an audience of tolerant and benign smiles.

Those times were a bit of culture shock for me

Student gets 27 years for murder

Published: 20/08/2010 at 03:53 PM

Online news: Breakingnews

Link

The South Bangkok Criminal Court on Friday sentenced a student at Pathumwan Technology Institute to life imprisonment, commuted to 27 years, for involvement in a shooting that killed one student and wounded three others in December last year.

The shooting took place at Rajamangala Technology University Tawan-ok, Uthen Thawai campus, in Bangkok's Pathumwan district on Dec 10 last year.

According to the court, Nathawut Wangmuk, 19, a student of Pathumwan Technology Institute, drove a motorcycle for pillion rider Panupong Jiewthongkham, 21, who is still at large, who opened fire at Nathaphan Krongrod, 19, a first year student of the Rajamangala Technology University, and three other students of the same university with an 11mm pistol.

Nathaphan was killed and three others wounded.

The court sentenced Nathawut to life for premeditated murder and an additional four years for carrying and using weapons in public.

The life sentence was commuted to 25 years and the additional four years to two. In total, Nathawut was given 27 years in jail.

"Boys are wonderful and can do anything they want. "

Yes I've seen this in Japan and Thailand, young boys being completely irresponsible, rude, aggressive and demanding. All to an audience of tolerant and benign smiles.

Those times were a bit of culture shock for me

I have no real problem with this, and in fact, prefer it to the western alternative of "Men aren't shit, women rule" crap that we so often have to deal with...

Archived