Man Arrested at Alaska State Fair for Impeach Obama Sign

cavanami

Have any of you punters actually worked at a State Fair?

They have rules.

They sell booth space for or to anyone. But you do have to pay for that space. It's called a paid permit and with designated space.

This flunky knew the rules and wanted this scene.

He did not pay for a designated space. He just decided to parade around with a banner without a permit. He violated the rules and the state charter for the state fair.

If he does go to court he will lose.

This is what I was saying in my previous thread, there are rules, and he most likely broke them. Yes, we supposedly have free speech, but it does have restrictions, "yelling fire in a crowded movie house etc..."

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Couple of things...

He was hauled of by "security", not police. They may or may not have been off duty police officers.

The guy was clearly TRYING to get hauled off. He had the right to free speech, but no the right to disturb and incite others. And his yelling and histrionics were above and beyond. That said, the rent-a-cops went too far.

So CAV, exactly who should "Obama" prosecute here? The rent-a-cops? The Alaska State Fair?

This hardly qualifies as an incident worthy of Presidential attention.

If me be Obama, me would get down on the security people and the police (in the end of the video there was a man with "police" on the back of his vest, so should have been a police officer)...assuming that the man with the banner did not break any laws. Too bad there is not some minutes before the video...was the guy just quietly standing there? was he shouting at people, etc???

Need more data/info...but taken at face value, it looks to be mistakes by the security/police, but not enough data to make a ruling, IMO.

Couple of things...

He was hauled of by "security"' date=' not police. They may or may not have been off duty police officers.

The guy was clearly TRYING to get hauled off. He had the right to free speech, but no the right to disturb and incite others. And his yelling and histrionics were above and beyond. That said, the rent-a-cops went too far.

So CAV, exactly who should "Obama" prosecute here? The rent-a-cops? The Alaska State Fair?

This hardly qualifies as an incident worthy of Presidential attention.[/quote']

If me be Obama, me would get down on the security people and the police (in the end of the video there was a man with "police" on the back of his vest, so should have been a police officer)...assuming that the man with the banner did not break any laws. Too bad there is not some minutes before the video...was the guy just quietly standing there? was he shouting at people, etc???

Need more data/info...but taken at face value, it looks to be mistakes by the security/police, but not enough data to make a ruling, IMO.

Cav, I think you should send this to the White House ASAP. Let's get some Presidential staffers on this, so when it does go to the President, he can be fully informed.

In the interim, please continue to scour the internet for similar police transgressions. I have no doubt that the White House will be most pleased with your efforts.

Archived