Farang 40'ish wanted for TV Commercial

waerth

Academic looking foreigner, not fat, 40'ish has to speak Thai

Casting Sunday 5th and Monday 6th

TVC (TVCommercial) on air Thailand

Budget: 15.000 baht per day (-25% commission and taxes, payment between 1 and 90 days after shooting, depends on the company)

Shooting 1 day

If your interested than I need some pictures of yourself first and some details like name, age, phonenumber etc, so I can send them to the casting director (the pictures not your details :) )

email to: talent.orange@gmail.com

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25% you greedy bastard. I only pay my agency 4.5%

Interesting how you claim deductions for "Taxes" when your potential "Actors" won't even have a work permit.

I will call it as I see it, you are full of crap. Any agent worth his salt would pay monies on time and not rely on payment from the client, after all thats why an agent gets paid commission to adsorb payment delays.

Before you ask, yes I have met you in person and I think you are a nice gentleman but you are not a businessman .... That does not make you a bad person.

One month is acceptable and two months is the norm if doing business where invoices are paid on "Nett Monthly Accounting" but three months from a guy who openly admits he has no capital is extracting the urine.

Even Mr Munchie and myself agree about this point, which in itself is a rarety since we usually agree to disagree on most topics.

25% you greedy bastard. I only pay my agency 4.5%

Interesting how you claim deductions for "Taxes" when your potential "Actors" won't even have a work permit.

I will call it as I see it, you are full of crap. Any agent worth his salt would pay monies on time and not rely on payment from the client, after all thats why an agent gets paid commission to adsorb payment delays.

Before you ask, yes I have met you in person and I think you are a nice gentleman but you are not a businessman .... That does not make you a bad person.

Yes Mekong we have met. And from your answer it is pretty clear you have never ever worked in this line of work.

1) Not an agency in Bangkok would advance money. And there are approx 100 agencies. They would only do it if you give them more commission. Now why do you think the "rich" production companies wait up to 90 days? They have more money than a modelling agent.

2) 90 days is the maximum the company can wait with paying the agency. "Usually" 80% of the cases payment is done after a month.

3) Most agencies take 35-60%, not 25%, check it out.

4) Taxes are taken, 3% on payout and I have to pay 10% to the tax department as well. Which leaves me with 12% and the actor with 75% of the original amount of money. If I do not have to pay taxes because no WP is given can you please explain that to the Thai tax department? Would save me money.

5) In this case you speak crap.

I thought the entire thread was a piss-take, along with similar ones. I cannot get my head around exactly who is the target market here.

My embassy would ship me home long before I'd contemplate waiting 3 months for remuneration that I could blow in one night on Cowboy.

There are other people than rich vitriolic whoremongers reading this board to. I can see that in my inbox ......

It is definitely not a pistake!

Also here is a recent article on CNN about this work in Bangkok: Wanted: Bangkok actor. Must be patient, modest, and willing to work for peanuts : http://www.cnngo.com/bangkok/play/so-you-want-be-foreign-film-star-967834

Anyway, here is the introduction letter I wrote some time ago when I was with another agency. I have rewritten it to chance some small things. Amongst which the agency name. It might give a better idea of this kind of work.

Welcome to OrangeTalent Agency

First of all, we want to thank you for giving us the pleasure of working with you. Orange is a young agency and our goal is to make everyone's life a bit better by creating a nicer atmosphere for everyone to work in. For talents, models, extras and stunt-team people, this letter is an introduction to what we do and how we operate.

The jobs we get can roughly be divided into 3 categories:

Work as an extra: Working as an extra is usually a full day (12 hours) and we will call you on very short notice as we mostly hear about these jobs 24 hours in advance. Payment is usually between 1500 and 2500 Baht a day. It is a good way to see and meet many people and work at interesting locations sometimes like in an airplane, on airport, racing track, football stadium etc. We advise you to bring a book or something else along to keep yourself entertained as 12 hours is a long day. Overtime is usually after 13 hours as they subtract an hour for lunch. Overtime rates vary between jobs.

Work as a talent: Working as a talent means we will send you to castings which can be all over Bangkok. These can be jobs for TV Commercials (TVC), Television, Movies or Photography. Sometimes you will get the job, sometimes you will not; it is hit-or-miss casting, and winning the job depends on your own skills. Working as a talent will pay you more money per job, 10.000 to 50.000 baht or more! TV commercials usually pay better than Movies or TV work.

Work in Thai TV/Movies in speaking parts: Working in these productions is usually a lot of fun, but pay is low, the jobs usually pay between 1500 and 5000 baht even though you would be required to act and be the main character! Thai crews usually make up for this by treating you really good and making sure it is Sanuk (fun) for you to be with them! It is not always required to speak Thai.

One of the most important things that we want to make clear is: if you went to a casting, please make sure that we can always reach you on short notice ..... people HAVE lost jobs because we couldn't reach them after they went to casting and were chosen for the part. So, please, if you have a missed call from any number, even unknown ones, call back as soon as possible!

Payment !

We take a 25% commission rate from the budget, also on extra jobs. With extra jobs we will usually tell you what you get in your hand. With other jobs we will tell you the budget, so you have to calculate yourself what you get in hand.

Payment on non-extra jobs (like featured extras, main character) can sometimes be delayed up to 30, 60 or even 90 days. We inform you as soon as we know, which is usually the shooting day :( .

Only extra jobs usually get paid on the same day!

We unfortunately are not in a position to advance money.

We only take 25% from the working days. We take no commission from travelling days.

How do things work?

Usually we get notified of an extra job or a casting just 2 or 3 days in advance, sometimes we get the info only on the day itself. Which means we have to rush to start contacting people. This can be slightly stressful sometimes, so please understand if we cut a conversation short :) Nothing to do with you, we just need to call people as quickly as possible. If you are not available no need to apologize, we understand that you need to pay the bills, so we will just call you in the future when another job offer comes in and see if your available then.

Next, as opposed to other agencies we usually only send people to casting that were selected from pictures by the casting directors. This so everyone gets a better chance! So if you hear that your friend is being sent but you are not, that means that the casting director didn't pre-select you.

Furthermore, if we didn't call you for some time, do not get worried; you are still in our database and we still send your picture out. There were simply no jobs requiring your "character" type. It can be silent for months. If you are calling to ask us if there are any jobs, we will usually respond with “If there are any jobs, we'll call you.†:-)

Moreover, please try to get us good head shots and full body or profile pictures of yourself. They can be easily taken with any digital camera. If you have a drastic change in appearance, like shaving yourself bald, then please update your pictures. Try send photos wearing casual, business and smart clothes.

Finally, the famous blacklist rumor: ….well, it is a rumor we can confirm is actually true. Some foreign people working as extras, talent, models, etc. in Thailand have given themselves a reputation as problem-makers on the set with Thai crews. And the casting director will immediately say when they see your picture ...â€ÂWe do not want to work with this person.†Whether it is fair by the film crews or not, we at Orange cannot force the issue. So we advise everyone to keep in mind the following: 1) Do not constantly go and talk to directors or assistant directors or any other important crew members; unless you really really know them personally, this can be irritating for them. 2) Do not try to give directions to the director; if it is a bad shoot in your opinion, or an unprofessional crew, tell us! 3) Do not go barking it or any other complaints around at the set; the crew will hear even if you think they will not. 4) Remember: Thais will not tell you if they do not like your actions; they will simply not work with you again for some time. Therefore, if we get too many complaints from the production team, casting directors or other talent about a person, we WILL remove that person from the database.

In conclusion, and certainly most importantly, we warmly look forward to working together with you on many jobs to come.

Regards,

Orange Talent Agency.

Bangkok

Archived