Farang 40'ish wanted for TV Commercial

waerth

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an actor neighbour who turned down a small part in a major international film because the money was so little. After filming had ended, he ran into one of the film's top people, who told him he wished he'd met him earlier, since he was exactly what they were looking for. The actor told him he had given the film a pass, since he refused to work for xxxx baht. The film maker was shocked and said they had paid four times that much. The casting agency had taken 75%!

I know, this happens regularly. That is why I am open about the budget. I tell people, this is the budget I get offered, that is what you get minus my 25%.

Do not confuse casting department with a modeling agency btw!!

Casting department works for the production (movie, tv series, commercial etc etc)

Modeling agency should work for the actor, model, extra, stuntman.

The casting contacts a modeling agent or actors directly to come for casting. Sometimes the modeling and casting make a secret deal. Say the budget is 20.000 baht. Modeling and casting tell the actor it is 10.000 baht and share the 10.000 baht between them!! That is probably what happened to your friend.

Hear these stories all day every day. That is why I am open about what I do.

Waerth.

25%? I have no clue what is standard in Thailand, but I know agents here take like 30-40% off the top. And it does take months before you get the check. It has to pass through everyone's hands, the cuts taken and finally you get yours. Hence, what you are asking seems better than in line...Wish I was there, I'd do it, as I have that certain look a director looks for...

Archived