"Pledge to America" Unveiled by Republicans

Flashermac

CBS News has obtained a final draft of House Republicans' legislative agenda for the next Congress, a 21-page "Pledge to America" that they will formally unveil Thursday morning at a Virginia hardware store.

"The need for urgent action to repair our economy and reclaim our government for the people cannot be overstated," the introduction says.

It continues: "With this document, we pledge to dedicate ourselves to the task of reconnecting our highest aspirations to the permanent truths of our founding by keeping faith with the values our nation was founded on, the principles we stand for, and the priorities of our people. This is our Pledge to America."

Below are some highlights ...

Jobs:

- Stop job-killing tax hikes

- Allow small businesses to take a tax deduction equal to 20 percent of their income

- Require congressional approval for any new federal regulation that would add to the deficit

- Repeal small business mandates in the new health care law.

Cutting Spending:

- Repeal and Replace health care

- Roll back non-discretionary spending to 2008 levels before TARP and stimulus (will save $100 billion in first year alone)

- Establish strict budget caps to limit federal spending going forward

- Cancel all future TARP payments and reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

Reforming Congress:

- Will require that every bill have a citation of constitutional authority

- Give members at least 3 days to read bills before a vote

Defense:

- Provide resources to troops

- Fund missile defense

- Enforce sanctions in Iran

Fire away, LK.

Fuck them! We want change, not the same old shit, and teabaggers and repukes and the same old shit dems are not going to do jack shit. Retarded Americans will not put down the remote long enough to actually learn anything about any issue that really effects them, and will just vote for what or who their favorite talk show host tells them to...

Repukes were the same assholes who gave us "the contract with America" and then fucked us...I hate these fuckers worse than I hate dems (who I also hate...in fact I hate all politicians...) We are fucked, and as long as assholes keep spending millions of their own $$ to get a job that pays a few $100K then I say we will continue to be fucked...

People voted for Obama because of what he said, and because Palin is an idiot. Obviously people wanted to go in that direction, so why aren't we? why does the right have to keep fucking us and blocking anything good for working people?

They really think voters are so stupid so as not to remember 1994 or not to be able to do a Google on it. Simply laughable. But hey, the Newt is back in charge, so this is what we get...

And I love their proposals for cutting spending: one item saves $1T off the deficit, yet they want to kill it...

Archived