Wanted: Used iPhone 3G or better

LizardKing

Not bothering to upgrade this time 3GS running IOS 4.1 does everything I want it to do.

The wife was going to upgrade until she found out that the iPhone 4 is now locked to an operator in Thailand now that AIS and DTAC are also selling as well as TRUE, previously with 3G / 3GS they were unlocked and you could pop any SIM in wherever you were. There us still some issues with Jailbreaking the Thai iPhone 4 Models.

I would recommend a 3GS over a 3G and to check if the used Model you are looking at is a Genuine Thai version initialy sold by TRUE go to

SETTINGS

GENERAL

ABOUT

MODEL

MB717LL Thai 3G

MC133TH Thai 3GS

"3GS running IOS 4.1 does everything I want it to do"

Mine's a 3Gs 4.01 JB and does it too :)

LK, look at Trademe.co.nz all the iPhones in NZ are unlocked so buy one here, stick a sim in there, no-worries.

3G phones are relatively cheap, 3GS not as, and 4G, well you have to develop a foof's hand grip :)

PT me if I can assist.

Coss

Thanks gents. That's the input I needed. As I said know nothing about them, save Thai script was 1st available with the 3G and I need that.

Is the diff between 8, 16 & 32Mb simply storage space, or a performance diff too?

This is a b-day request from a Thai niece and I've set the budget @ ~B12k. I doubt that she'll use 25% it's capacity, mainly just phone calls & music, but she's a kid so I could be wrong. Those 12 year olds surprise me on how tech savvy they are LOL!

Thanks gents. That's the input I needed. As I said know nothing about them, save Thai script was 1st available with the 3G and I need that.

Is the diff between 8, 16 & 32Mb simply storage space, or a performance diff too?

Only the storage size is different - the rest of the hard- and software is identical within one series.

Archived