How Do I Report Child Abuse???

I have knowledge of a case of child abuse, here in Chiang Rai. It's not severe (facial slapping) and no bruising that I know of and no "rage" what we normally think of as a "beating". But, still, striking a child in the face and slapping them in the mouth is a horrible act. This is being done by the Thai mother.

Can anyone tell me who I should see? Should I go to the tourist police? Are there any "social services" counseling for this kind of thing?

Since the abuse is NOT habitual and chronic, I think counseling, as opposed to imprisonment, IMO, would be suitable.

I could sure use some help here. Thx

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, moderator, I have posted this same question in the "legal" forum, but because of its nature, I hope I am allowed to duplicate it here.

I have knowledge of a case of child abuse, here in Chiang Rai. It's not severe (facial slapping) and no bruising that I know of and no "rage" what we normally think of as a "beating". But, still, striking a child in the face and slapping them in the mouth is a horrible act. This is being done by the Thai mother.

Can anyone tell me who I should see? Should I go to the tourist police? Are there any "social services" counseling for this kind of thing?

Since the abuse is NOT habitual and chronic, I think counseling, as opposed to imprisonment, IMO, would be suitable.

I am sorry but as a member of LE, you yourself say it is not really Child Abuse.

I cant speak to Thailand, but in most jurisdictions you would be sued into oblivion if you brought the charge and after investigation, which would just about ruin the family, only what you posted above was found.

It's not severe (facial slapping) and no bruising that I know of and no "rage" what we normally think of as a "beating".

I am not a big advocate of hitting children, but as you yourself say, "no rage, no bruising, not sever" is a correction that I will tell you I myself needed several times when I was younger.

I am quite shocked at the types of responses I'm getting. A child IS BEING ABUSED!!! From what I've read above, perhaps striking a child in the face is considered acceptable in the west???

I DO have children. Striking a child in the face is per se an act of abuse. I don't know why the idea of imprisonment for child abuse should be shocking. It is traumatizing to a child to be hit in the face.

I am sorry but as a member of LE, you yourself say it is not really Child Abuse.

What is "LE"???

I am not a big advocate of hitting children, but as you yourself say, "no rage, no bruising, not sever" is a correction that I will tell you I myself needed several times when I was younger.

I'm not opposed to spanking, in general. However a parent should "cool down" first, explain what the child did wrong, and after the spanking, should embrace the child and should review why it happened.

Anyway, so anyone know of which "social services" I could contact? Does anyone happen to know if "facial striking" is, per se, illegal here? Again, thx for anyone's help.

Archived