How Do I Report Child Abuse???

My advise is don't interfere.

I have worked for a government agency where my exposure to children living in questionable conditions was frequent but unless I was absolutely certain you just do your job and move to the next household of single digit IQs.

I would much rather see a child cop a slap (preferably not across the face) than be allowed to gourge themselves into obesity another form of child abuse. Or allowed to wonder the streets at night unsupervised.

Unless the child is at extreme risk which by the sound of things isn't....butt out.

Did it ever occur to you' date=' that people become obese as a result of child abuse? Look into that...

[/quote']

Read my post again. That is exactly what I said.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My father would have slapped me right back - and so would I. My father rarely spanked me as a kid, even though plenty of times I deserved it. But I'd smack a 7 year old fast enough to show him he can't get away with that behaviour. It's a lesson in "see how you like it". The kid is sooner or later going to pull that on a kid who beats the crap out of him.

Oddly enough, my grandfather - who was fast with his fists - almost certainly would not have. But grandparents are like that. :dunno:

My English great granddad raised his sons to be scrappers. He used to have them box each other, much to great gran's disgust. They were big Norfolk lugs, the kind who could knock you off your feet with the flat of their hand. My mother tells me great granddad tried to get me to box with him once when I was about three years old. I turned to him and said, "I'm not a fightin' man, gramps." My great grandmother almost fell off of her chair laughing so hard in delight. It seems his sons didn't pass on the practice on this side of the pond. :D

p.s. But my uncle was on the boxing commission in Ohio. :dunno:

Archived