India condemns 'racist' remarks by New Zealand TV host

Flashermac

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hanging out with my NZ girl with a couple of her NZ friends and they were talking rugby and someone said 'Steve, do you support the All Blacks' too and I had no idea what he was talking about and I said "Not all. Only the ones that don't act like assholes" and she said "Our rugby team are the All Blacks...litterally, that's the team name" and I said "so is the NBA...litterally" , they had a laugh and her friends liked my sense of humor and that was that.

I loved that name and thought that would never go over in the U.S. She was a rabid All Blacks fan and made me promise no matter what happened in the relationship, I'd support them and I still do. I don't watch it but if I hear of them or am asked I will say I support them. The Aussies I've met didn't like that (sorry, Wallabees will have to be second)

I've not many Kiwis but the I've never had a bad experience with any I've met.

I'll mention one other story. I was on a flight to LOS from Seoul and wore a T shirt that said 'Rub me for good luck' and it has a green clover leaf on it. I was in my seat and this guy comes over and rubs my arm. I'm thinking 'WTF?!'

he smiles and said 'Its what the shirt says' in a kiwi accent and he looks over and his gf (cutie think) waves hi and he said 'It was her idea'. I thought that was the coolest thing. A nice young couple. Couldn't more than 21 or 22. Had a nice chat with them on the flight.

Credit to the Aussies as well though. I've had great times with the ones I've met.

I actually tried to contact the NZ rugby team to see about getting some sort o exclusive rights to the All Blacks shirts in the U.S. I thought it would go over well in the 'hood. Lots of black guys would buy a shirt that said 'All Blacks' on it I thought as a fashion/social statement. I could give a shit about a social statement, I was thinking of the dollars :content:

I'll never forget that girl though. She was a UCLA law student at the time. We had a hot, torrid but all too brief relationship. Dirty blond hair, even dirtier in bed! The strangest, prettiest eyes. Light brown, hazelish but changed color to a greenish/brown in the sun. Those eyes...ah...those eyes! Dated from memorial day to labor day and I think we may have spent maybe...maybe one or two nights apart. She always said if I visited I'd quickly forget about her as the girls would think 'I was exotic'. One day I'll find out.

Archived