Millionaires b4 25 y.o.

Steve

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

Friend of mine met Gates a couple of times. His impression of the guy was not positive. Jobs by all accounts is a total asshole.

Sanuk!

During the dot.com boom here this place was crawling with little fuckers all going to be the next big player. They were all so self important in in such high demand etc...one thing they all had in common was a serious lack of personality skills, if they had any personality at all. as a lot, they seemed angry, hostile and all had very high opinions of themselves. The bust came, and most lost it all and shuffled back to what ever bumfuck they came from...after fucking up San Francisco forever...they piss me off as a lot.

Jobs just met with Obama, and the local media had fun with that. The repeating theme was "Obama should consider himself lucky to be in Job's presence..." and "...tell Obama to watch his wallet etc..."

Larry Ellison (Oracle) is the worst. Guy just oozes creepy and sleaze. As far as the former richest guy in the world goes - could do a lot worse than Gates. He at least has a modicum of real.

In 99/2000 when I did my brief stint in SF, unemployed, shacked up with GF -- everyone I met around the city was a Project Manager who would let you know of their great fortune in stock options. I used to feel pretty small in those days. Too many dipshits in one place at one time, and you're right they killed SF and drove housing/rent into the stratosphere. I wonder what happened to all those overnight millionaires? Where are they now OH?

I remember the visceral dislike expressed for LA by people in SF. How uncultured and bankrupt they found the area.

Imagine my surprise to get down here and be surrounded by a zillion people from every corner of the earth who work their asses off to create a new life, drink hard, and don't give a fuck what people think. It's simultaneously the most ugly and beautiful place I've lived. Ahhhh... home.

(Note: there is the entertainment industry here too, and that's a different story - unfortunately the one outsiders fixate on).

I remember the visceral dislike expressed for LA by people in SF. How uncultured and bankrupt they found the area.

Hehehe...around 1975, my dad had an apartment in SFO. There was a rec room with a pool table on the top floor, occupied by male players on one night in particular, then a roof from which we flung empty cases of Heineken and Dos Equis bottles to the street below.

I'll never forget one man's question (in the rec room) as to our overall behavior:

"Why must you be so inadvertently crass?"

Bit condescending, don't you think? Stuck with me to this day.

Later that night, the cops busted down the door to my dad's apartment, looking for bottle throwers, and my dad wasn't too happy to return the next day to find his apt had no door. :onfire:

SFO used to be a working man's city. Wage earners could afford homes here...now of course, thanks to the silicon valley carpet baggers, the place is trash...I recall my old neighborhood, the Mission was a lower income area, now of course it is full of yuppie scum driving up costs and disrespecting the place, and they can't figure out why the low income people around them (than ks to family ownership/rent control and section 8) hate them...

I also recall the Fillmore, a predominately black area, so full of culture and beauty...the pimps dealers whores...now it is yuppie boutiques and trendy shops and "fooderies." God, is there no respect for culture anymore?

Archived