Employers looking at health insurance options

cavanami

Seems like Uncle Sam F's up every do-good, feel-good program he has his hand in. Aside from Medicare, which is rife with fraud, look at Social Security...look at the food stamp program...and why the F should I and others subsidize somebody's housing, utilities, etc., etc.? If they want to live like 3rd-world citizens and not take responsibility for themselves and/or accept that "life isn't fair" sometimes, so be it. Nobody really owes anybody shit in this world except under contractual agreements (actual/implied). I didn't agree that the Octomom have more than a dozen kids; I sure as hell don't think I'm a "nit" for not wanting to take care of them. I'd say that somebody who thinks that others have that obligation is the REAL "nit".

And then there is the "little" problem of bailouts. handouts, and extended "unemployment" benefits and the creation of so-called "green jobs" that have cost taxpayers up to $400,000 each. :banghead:

HH

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

".and why the F should I and others subsidize somebody's housing, utilities, etc., etc.?"

Because this is not anarchy? We are not in Somalia. It is in your best interest? And it is about 0.3% of the federal budget.

Look, your little Libertarian utopia is simply a fantasy. The majority of people are not thugs. The majority is sometimes thoughtless, often careless, usually oblivious, but thugs they are not, which is why in Libertopia, where there is no government and everybody defends their rights with their own personal stocks of nuclear weapons, a small minority of thugs would rule via terrorizing the non-thug reality. I've seen it in action in areas where thug rule has replaced government rule -- inner city Detroit & Somalia are fine examples -- but even there the majority of people there are not criminals, are not thugs, but are so terrified they won't even point out the thugs to the police so that the thugs can be arrested and taken off the streets. That's Libertopia -- the Bloods and Crips end up running everything.

So yup, you have to give some people a hand. And a small percentage of them will game the system, just like any other group (tho' I'd bet the percentage of wealthy who game the system by cheating on their taxes is farrr higher than welfare cheats). BFD.

WTF happened to the formatting of this thread???

Interesting to compare Detroit and Somalia. I don't see the resemblance. Deeeeeetroit is probably kept on life-support by the myriad of Fed. Gov't handouts, whereas (to my knowledge, Somalia is not). Yet you think more of the same handouts will make a difference?

HH

P.S. No idea about formatting probs. :content:

You think the thugs give a shit about $200/wk in Fed aid? 5555555555+

The similarity is both are anarchy, which is the same a "libertarianism" which you advocate. And if the non-criminals did not have that $200/wk, they'd turn into criminals too, just to feed themselves. hence it is in your best interest to keep that 0.3% of the Fed budget going.

Seems like Uncle Sam F's up every do-good, feel-good program he has his hand in. Aside from Medicare, which is rife with fraud, look at Social Security...look at the food stamp program...and why the F should I and others subsidize somebody's housing, utilities, etc., etc.? If they want to live like 3rd-world citizens and not take responsibility for themselves and/or accept that "life isn't fair" sometimes, so be it. Nobody really owes anybody shit in this world except under contractual agreements (actual/implied). I didn't agree that the Octomom have more than a dozen kids; I sure as hell don't think I'm a "nit" for not wanting to take care of them. I'd say that somebody who thinks that others have that obligation is the REAL "nit".

And then there is the "little" problem of bailouts. handouts, and extended "unemployment" benefits and the creation of so-called "green jobs" that have cost taxpayers up to $400,000 each. :banghead:

HH

HH,

I believe you have benefited from Medicare, SSi etc...? Why should you pay for someone else? because someone else is and has been paying for you.

Damn, can I have some of what you're on? Walmart is one of the biggest problems in the US. They literally help their employees sign up for Medicaid & other government programs when they hire them because the pay is so weak.

I myself do not like subsidizing the Walton family's billions...

How does that have anything to do with them modifying there health care system due to the legislation so that it cost the employee more?

Australia has it, Canada has it, Norway has it, France has it, England even has it... but somehow America is different

If we could eliminate the need for a national defense, we could throw trillions at health care. Sadly, we can not. And sadder, you all know that.

Interesting to compare Detroit and Somalia. I don't see the resemblance.

Most likely you have not been to both places. But Lizzy is right. If you only have rule by gun and turn off 911, the thugs will run the place.

Yea, what is up with the formatting?

Seems like Uncle Sam F's up every do-good' date=' feel-good program he has his hand in. Aside from Medicare, which is rife with fraud, look at Social Security...look at the food stamp program...and why the F should I and others subsidize somebody's housing, utilities, etc., etc.? If they want to live like 3rd-world citizens and not take responsibility for themselves and/or accept that "life isn't fair" sometimes, so be it. Nobody really owes anybody shit in this world except under contractual agreements (actual/implied). I didn't agree that the Octomom have more than a dozen kids; I sure as hell don't think I'm a "nit" for not wanting to take care of them. I'd say that somebody who thinks that others have that obligation is the REAL "nit".

HH[/quote']

HH,

I believe you have benefited from Medicare, SSi etc...? Why should you pay for someone else? because someone else is and has been paying for you.

HH is right. So let's start by cutting off the low-life CA state retirees who are sucking our economy dry and probably spied their pensions in the final year of work.

Go get 'em HH!

Corin,

"And sadder, you all know that."

Horseshit (said in a polite, yet argumentative, tone). We spend most of our military budget on war, exporting democracy supposedly. The true cost of a true defense budget is not what breaks the bank here. It is the offensive budget (which I DO find offensive), the cost for the wars, the police actions, the use of our military by the pols to help protect the corporate conglomerates that give these fuckwits money to keep getting elected. We police the world, and it is not our job, and not a good use of our tax dollars. Let the rest of the world police themselves, and fight their own wars and free themselves from the tyranny they allow themselves to live under if they have the balls to die for their freedom and their children's. Take care of our own country first and foremost. The money we spend around the world is tremendous. Spend it fixing home first before worrying about the rest of the world. I am tired (as I think many Americans are) of my tax dollars going to these wars that have little if anything to do with protecting our country, and bankrupting our country when we most need these tax dollars spent at home, for us, our kids, and our grandkids' future.

Spend that money at home for 'defense', true defense, and you'd be able to cut the budget in half or more (if you stop borrowing money from the Chinese to pay for the, what should be, illegal use of our military overseas in wars the citizens don't even want or need.

Archived