Time I had a LapTop, but which????

Guest baldrick

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go with an external hard drive. This will get them from the old PC, store them on the external drive for a backup and you can transfer as needed to the lap top. Externals are cheap now. Just plug in to the USB port and good to go.

I saw a 500Gb external for $59 USD (in the US, Best Buy or maybe Fry's).

External hard drive best way to transfer lots of pics and your iTunes and also, as Expat said, great for a back-up.

(You should have ALL your pics and music and other important stuff backed up on an external hard drive - personally, I have 2 backups on 2 different drives, just to be sure. They're cheap and it's worth it IMO).

For transferring your iTunes library from one computer to another, it's actually quite easy.

BUT BACK UP YOUR MUSIC FIRST JUST IN CASE!!!

Moving iTunes library from old to new computer

I can no longer take having a tower pc with all the wires, dust and faff. I want a laptop with a built in webcam, stereo speakers, memory card reader, largish hard drive, dual core needed?....

ideally i'd like a mac but i plan on a los trip next may and need to keep that in mind.....so i propose to cough no more than £600.

whats a good un please chaps?

Phil,

depend's on what you want to use it for.

If you want to replace your desktop computer a big screen (17" or 18") might be a good idea. However such a big screen comes with a price: weight, reduced battery life, less mobility.

Re dual core: sure you don't want a single core CPU, unless you go for a netbook.

And as others said: so many to choose from.

Archived