North Korea--Nuke Em?

Hugh_Hoy

Do a google search on North Korean submarines. Or North Korean army.

The crews routinely kill themselves rather than be captured.

These are people we really don't want to fight. Not because of winning or losing but because of the cost in American lives.

A fight there will also lead to problems with China, which will lead to issues with US debt, which could lead to our collapse.

The smartest thing we could do is to continue drawing down the number of US troops based there in return for Chinese pressure on Pyongyang, home of the hot traffic ladies.

There are all kinds of ways out of this mess but Bush missed them and I am sure Obama will as well.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Soviets, later Russia, deployed fuel air explosives decades before we did.

The thing that everyone needs to keep in mind is the thousands and thousands of artillery pieces and missiles that can reach Seoul. Dug deep into mountains.

The same tunnel experts that helped the Vietnamese survive the US bombing and eventually win. In North Korea working on making these impervious to US countermeasures for four or five decades.

But it doesn't really matter because the women are really hot.

REALLY!

There is really very little that can be done from a military point of view. The North Korean Army can completely obliterate Seoul and collapse South Korea. That is really the only card they have but it is a good one.

I dont think this is true. You should see how they (the South) train. The South would win the air war in a matter of minuets and that wins the ground war.

Doesn't matter who wins if Seoul is gone which is the only guarantee.

The air war was won in minutes in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

As American taxpayers we are lucky that both conflicts were over in minutes and did not drag on for weeks or even months.

That's apples and oranges. I cant believe you tried to make it a point.

Do a google search on North Korean submarines. Or North Korean army.

The crews routinely kill themselves rather than be captured.

These are people we really don't want to fight. Not because of winning or losing but because of the cost in American lives.

You must have missed this one then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Chosin_Reservoir

US Casualties:

1,029 killed

4,582 wounded

4,894 missing

7,338 non-battle casualties

15 tank losses

Chinese casualties:

19,202 battle casualties

28,954 non-battle casualties

Where were the NK's in this one anyway?

If they fight that well it should be no problem. But who said anything about the US fighting them?

There is really very little that can be done from a military point of view. The North Korean Army can completely obliterate Seoul and collapse South Korea. That is really the only card they have but it is a good one.

I think the strength of the NK army is waay overstated. Lots of bodies but outdated equipment and limited ability to supply their troops in a lengthy conflict.

I think the SK and US airforces would stop them pretty quickly.

I think the strength of the NK army is waay overstated. Lots of bodies but outdated equipment and limited ability to supply their troops in a lengthy conflict.

I think the SK and US airforces would stop them pretty quickly.

You are right.

Their estimates sound a lot like the ones made about Iraq's army in 1990 and 2002. The truth was not even close.

I sincerely hope you are right. Because if every dug in artillery piece can get off just two or three rounds before being destroyed Seoul could be gone.

With conventional explosives but keep in mind that North Korea has a lot of chemical weapons as well.

The thing that everybody misses is that the leadership has a very different view of reality than we do.

And you are right. It looks like even the Chinese are getting fed up with them. Also, remember the estimates of the Soviet Strategic rocket and tank forces before 1989. After the fall of in the late 1980's early 90's we found out that over half of them were unable to even fire.

It looks like NK is in the same boat. Just like Iraq, there will be a few well trained good troops. Maybe as many as 10000. (Which is more than Iraq had!) The rest surrendered as soon as they learned we would feed them.

The problem with dug in artillery is you cant move it. Thats why the US does not use fixed arti positions any more. The French learned that in WWII. And if they have been there for a while, chances are the SKs have a shell or missile or 50 aimed and cross referenced already, just like the Germans did.

Archived