North Korea--Nuke Em?

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its 99% about money. Lets not forget the people are litterally starving and the only reason there hasn't been a coup is the army is kept fed. There are very little if any animals left there. I read an article once about seagulls, domestic birds, dogs, cats, anything being eaten. Even rats harvested by the people. People sneaking into China to beg, borror or steal whatever they can and a healthy prostitution, food/money for sex going on near the border for the women and young girls who can sneak through.

What makes me scratch my head is the army still staying loyal. They may stay fed but their family and friends have to be starving.

I do however think its a matter of when not if the regime will fall. It simply can't keep going on forever in the state the country is in.

As long as China keeps supporting N.Korea, N. Korea won't completely fail. It's a relatively cheap buffer for the Chinese. That's a main reason why China won't let it fail and why China gives probably the most transparent/open "wink and nod" every time N. Korea stirs the shit. Maybe the only thing that will give China pause, is to suggest embargoing China's economy the same way that the majority of countries do with N. Korea. In other words, Won Hung Lo, chose your allies...N. Koreans or the rest of the world.

HH

People will never boycott cheap chinese goods. And if ANY country, especially this one, suggested it, the Chinese would go ape shit and start throwing all their crap rhetoric around, and blame us of unfair shit...fuck them. And fuck us for all being so stupid as to have let them rise up like this.

As long as China keeps supporting N.Korea, N. Korea won't completely fail. It's a relatively cheap buffer for the Chinese. That's a main reason why China won't let it fail and why China gives probably the most transparent/open "wink and nod" every time N. Korea stirs the shit. Maybe the only thing that will give China pause, is to suggest embargoing China's economy the same way that the majority of countries do with N. Korea. In other words, Won Hung Lo, chose your allies...N. Koreans or the rest of the world.

HH

Ten years ago this might have worked but I think it is impossible now. Without Chinese capital the US is well and truly fucked. We need China more than China needs us.

Besides I doubt China needs to do anything to try to screw the US up. They just have to wait as it is happening already – not really a complete crash but a somewhat controlled descent like when an airplane loses both engines.

Remember what the Thai reaction was to Cambodians even after the Khmer Rouge were known for what they were?

China will be exactly like that as far as North Korea - millions of starving North Koreans is a matter for another nation but millions of starving refugees in China becomes a Chinese problem.

I think its 99% about money. Lets not forget the people are litterally starving and the only reason there hasn't been a coup is the army is kept fed. There are very little if any animals left there. I read an article once about seagulls, domestic birds, dogs, cats, anything being eaten. Even rats harvested by the people. People sneaking into China to beg, borror or steal whatever they can and a healthy prostitution, food/money for sex going on near the border for the women and young girls who can sneak through.

What makes me scratch my head is the army still staying loyal. They may stay fed but their family and friends have to be starving.

I do however think its a matter of when not if the regime will fall. It simply can't keep going on forever in the state the country is in.

“I do however think its a matter of when not if the regime will fall. “

I sincerely hope you are right but kind of doubt they are going anywhere anytime soon. If you go back even to the 80s you'll see predictions of regime collapse and it has never happened.

The same predictions the last few decades for Myanmar and the army has held on there since 1962.

No question that Kim Jong Il deserves a TSA search and McDonalds toy butt plug insertion but most likely he will die of natural causes in luxury with the family dynasty secure through the next generation.

No question Seoul would kick their butt- could probably even do it without US help. The problem is the thousands of artillery pieces within range of Seoul and the possibility of the largest artillery barrage in history.

Looking at the bright side, North Korean women are exceptionally hot.

"And fuck us for all being so stupid as to have let them rise up like this."

Amen. Nobody elected will ever deal with a problem that can be pushed off for the next four year jockey to deal with.

The only good news is that North Korean women are exceptionally hot.

Stress the EXCEPTIONALLY..

"...Besides I doubt China needs to do anything to try to screw the US up. They just have to wait as it is happening already – not really a complete crash but a somewhat controlled descent like when an airplane loses both engines..."

Figure we get into another arms race and get out spent by another country...sort of like Regan did to the soviets, (we're still paying the bill), except this time we are the fools who are quick to spend, and thus bust ourselves...we are that dumb.

Archived