U.S. Government Seizes BitTorrent Search Engine Domain and More

Flashermac

Hi' date='

... the original post which was about torrent sites hosting illegal media (movies, music, software, etc.)...

[/quote']

Gotta disagree with you here.

The OP focused on ICE seizing and shutting sites for which there was ZERO evidence of "hosting illegal media (movies, music, software, etc." and for which there was ZERO due process.

Chippin' away at our rights. But now we are all safer from terrorists, no doubt.

Fuckwads.

In the next few years the internet will probably evolve into a couple of nets. The US one, maybe one for China and another pretty much for the rest of the world.

To protect us, of course.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OP focused on ICE seizing and shutting sites for which there was ZERO evidence of "hosting illegal media (movies' date=' music, software, etc." and for which there was ZERO due process.

[/quote']

How do you see that? It seems to me the evidence is pretty clear cut. You notice how none of the sites has even fought it yet, right?

Oops, sorry. You're correct.

I forgot about Article 41.23 in the US Constitution, which clearly states "Silence shall be construed as confession."

Also, the next article, which states "We don't need no stinking judges or stinking courts"

I thought you are an American.

Hi' date='

... the original post which was about torrent sites hosting illegal media (movies, music, software, etc.)...

[/quote']

The OP focused on ICE seizing and shutting sites for which there was ZERO evidence of "hosting illegal media (movies, music, software, etc." and for which there was ZERO due process.

Chippin' away at our rights. But now we are all safer from terrorists, no doubt.

Fuckwads.

I agree.

What bugs my ass is why ICE is EVEN involved in this shit?

Does ICE have juridiction on 'everything'?

Oops, sorry. You're correct.

I forgot about Article 41.23 in the US Constitution, which clearly states "Silence shall be construed as confession."

Also, the next article, which states "We don't need no stinking judges or stinking courts"

I thought you are an American.

And I thought you may want to debate this rationally.

But actually, yes, silence does equal consent. In legal speak is is called, "Qui tacet consentire videtur."

And yes, I am an American so I believe in rule by evidence. These sites are clearly guilty of willfully breaking copyright law. Show me how this is not true.

Archived