U.S. Government Seizes BitTorrent Search Engine Domain and More

Flashermac

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What copyrighted material was Torrent-Finder selling?

What juridiction does ICE have in this matter?

What are the widespread possible reprocussions of this act by ICE?

ICE is responsible for enforcing cu\stoms regulations. That is keeping contraband out of the country. If it is determined that this stuff is illegal' date=' and is coming into the country via internet etc, than ICE is supposed to help stop it.[/quote']

I understand Torrent-Finder is a New York business (could be wrong about its location). It seems all Torrent-Finder does it direct people to torrents. It appears they did not have any music, etc. but only directed people to torrents where they could acquire music, etc. illegally.

If what I said is true, then it looks like ICE and Homeland Security have become a National Police Agency.

Now if a site should direct people to where prostitutes can be found, can we assume this would fall under the juridiction of ICE and Homeland Security?

If what I said is true, then it looks like ICE and Homeland Security have become a National Police Agency.

Now if a site should direct people to where prostitutes can be found, can we assume this would fall under the juridiction of ICE and Homeland Security?

There are several "national police agencies." The check is that no one of them does everything. That helps prevent any one group from getting too powerful.

Prostitution would likely go to the locals but the site itself is by definition national so that would almost certainly be FBI.

I recall a story/report a year or so back about ICE going to some guys house to check his computer...seems he might have downloaded.bought some questionable content from a server/provider outside the USA...ICE has the job of dealing with contraband coming into the USA no matter the means, as I understand it anyway.

From Wiki:

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS), responsible for identifying, investigating, and dismantling vulnerabilities regarding the nation's border, economic, transportation, and infrastructure security.

and here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Immigration_and_Customs_Enforcement#Cyber_Crimes

and here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Immigration_and_Customs_Enforcement#Intellectual_Property

Archived