Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

WSJ Chief Economist: 75% of Obamacare Costs Will Fall on Backs of Those Making Less Than $120K a Year

My link

The Wall Street Journal is owned by Rupurt Murdoch. The same Rupurt Murdoch that owns Fox News.

THEY TELLS STORIES TO GET FOLKS ALL WORKED UP !

And the truth and actual facts are a tad missing !

Fair and Balanced, my ass !

The Wall Street Journal is owned by Rupurt Murdoch. The same Rupurt Murdoch that owns Fox News.

THEY TELLS STORIES TO GET FOLKS ALL WORKED UP !

And the truth and actual facts are a tad missing !

Fair and Balanced, my ass !

So why is CNN saying it too...?

• Like 1

So why is CNN saying it too...?

Why?

Because they quote the same Rupurt Murdoch source.

Yes, Rupurt Murdoch owns the Wall Street Journal.

Real facts make Rupurt Murdochs minions look like fools.

" Average premium costs in the U.S. are over $13,000 per family. So, for a family to be required to buy health insurance on their own, they would have to make over $162,500 per year in income before they are subject to the tax if they refuse to buy health insurance coverage. Most of that group can afford the coverage."

LINK

And . . .

If the editor of the WSJ told one of his reporters to write a story stating that 90% of the male punters visiting LOS were preverts and other news media picked up that story and printed it over and over . . . . then the rest of the world might believe it. Not based on any data or facts. But some facts thrown in many would actually believe this as real.

Are 90% of the male punters visiting LOS preverts? Heck, I "read" it in the WSJ. It must be true, right?

I think most can grasp the point of this fictional WSJ article and comprehend that all that is printed may not be the actual truth.

Here's How Much The Obamacare Penalty Tax Will Cost You...

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-is-the-obamacare-penalty-tax-2012-7

As with everything tax-related, there's no simple answer to "How much is the Obamacare penalty tax?" But here are some key points, from FactCheck.org:

The penalty/tax will be phased in from 2014 to 2016.

The minimum penalty/tax in 2016 will be $695 per person and up to 3-times that per family. After 2016, these amounts will increase at the rate of inflation.

The minimum penalty/tax per person will start at $95 in 2014 (and then increase through 2016)

No family will ever pay more than 3X the per-person penalty, regardless of how many people are in the family.

The $695 per-person penalty is only for those who make between $9,500 and ~$37,000 per year. If you make less than ~$9.500, you're exempt. If you make more than ~$37,000, your penalty is calculated by the following formula...

The penalty is 2.5% of any household income above the level at which you are required to file a tax return. That level is currently $9,500 per person and $19,000 per couple. The penalty on any income above that is 2.5%. So the penalty can get expensive quickly if you make a lot of money.

However, the penalty can never be more than the cost of a "Bronze" heath insurance plan purchased through one of the state "exchanges" that will be created as part of Obamacare. The CBO estimates that these policies will cost $4,500-$5,000 per person and $12,000-$12,500 per family in 2016, with the costs rising thereafter.

So, basically, you're looking at penalties of approximately the following at the following income levels:

Less than $9,500 income = $0

$9,500 - $37,000 income = $695

$50,000 income = $1,000

$75,000 income = $1,600

$100,000 income = $2,250

$125,000 income = $2,900

$150,000 income = $3,500

$175,000 income = $4,100

$200,000 income = $4,700

Over $200,000 = The cost of a "bronze" health-insurance plan

The IRS will collect the penalty-tax, a fact that will no doubt further enrage those who hate Obamacare.

But here's some more good news for those folks:

The IRS will not have the power to charge you criminally or seize your assets if you refuse to pay. The IRS will only have the ability to sue you. And the most the IRS can collect from you if it wins the suit is 2X the amount you owe. So if you want to thumb your nose at the penalty-tax, the IRS won't be able to do as much to you as they could if you refused to pay, say, income tax.

By the way, the following folks will be exempt from the penalty-tax:

Those who make less than $9,500

Employees whose employers only offer plans that cost more than 8% of the employee's income

Those with "hardships"

Members of Indian tribes

Members of certain religions that don't pay Social Security tax, such as Amish, Hutterites, or Mennonites

And, of course, Obamacare isn't free. So, whether you pay the penalty or not, you're going to have to pay a lot of other taxes to pay for it.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-is-the-obamacare-penalty-tax-2012-7#ixzz1zWHYy7CI

I couldn't tell u jack schitt about the health care bill but the fact that the entire health industry doesn't like it makes me think it's needed. I heard a few non aligned former practicing physician on CNN recently talk about how over the top the criticisms are. Also, the main,argument seems to be the required payment NOT the need for it. My question then is if the opponents aren't arguing that it's not necessary why not help draft a solution?

The author of the WSJ article has been making the rounds today on various shows. I saw him on the "Kudrow Report" on CNBC tonight. It tends to make one think that he wrote the article for its shock value and not overly concerned with both sides of the story. I really don't even think that the November elections will end the debate. The major flaw in Obamacare was waiting more than 4 years in implementing the law. Too much uncertainty keeps employers from hiring and the stock market on a roller coaster. Which means that this crap will continue until early 2014, when people will see how Obamacare insures most of the uninsured, removes the restrictions on those with pre existing conditions and doesn't create a "death board" for the elderly. Right now, I wish I was Adam Sandler with one of those universal remote controls and I could fast forward to early 2014.

Thousands of New IRS Agents Hired to Enforce Obamacare

Rep. Kevin Brady, a Texas Republican, warns that the IRS will hire up to 16,500 new enforcers in the coming months to go after citizens who do not pay the new Obamacare tax. The expansion is said to include criminal investigators who “make cases†in order to levy penalties on scofflaws.

Brady cites a recent analysis by the Joint Economic Committee and staff at the House Ways and Means Committee. The report says the IRS will need a fresh crop of agents to examine and audit tax information mandated by Obama’s misnamed Affordable Care Act.

In January of 2011, Rep. Michele Bachmann claimed the IRS planned to hire 16,500 IRS agents to police Obamacare compliance. CNN reported at the time that the number cited by the Minnesota Congresswoman originated in a GOP committee report, based on a preliminary estimate from the Congressional Budget Office...

http://www.infowars.com/thousands-of-new-irs-agents-to-be-hired-to-enforce-obamacare/

Thousands of New IRS Agents Hired to Enforce Obamacare

Rep. Kevin Brady, a Texas Republican, warns that the IRS will hire up to 16,500 new enforcers in the coming months to go after citizens who do not pay the new Obamacare tax. The expansion is said to include criminal investigators who “make cases†in order to levy penalties on scofflaws.

http://www.infowars....orce-obamacare/

I love the US news-/blogsphere. Creativity and invention rates much higher than boring research and validating sources (this is soo 20th century journalism).

Just look at this quote how they came across the number fo 16.500 IRS workers:

In January of 2011, Rep. Michele Bachmann claimed the IRS planned to hire 16,500 IRS agents to police Obamacare compliance. CNN reported at the time that the number cited by the Minnesota Congresswoman originated in a GOP committee report, based on a preliminary estimate from the Congressional Budget Office.

CNN saids that Bachmann had it from a GOP committee which had from a "preliminary estimate" from the Budget Office. CNN didn't check the facts and the original source and neither of course did Bachman nor did it Infowars.

So we only have the word of mouth from Bachmann who is known to get the facts completely wrong or just making them up.

PS: I just looked up the guy behind infowars.com at Wikipedia. He is a rightwing conservative who loves conspiracy theories and who even built a memorial for the psycho sect members who got killed in Wako. He is an advocate of the New World Order conspiracy theory. I guess he watched too many James Bond movies in his youth.

Obamacare – Separating Facts From Myths

Confusing doesn’t even begin to describe it. Throughout the very long debate over health care reform, a great deal of misinformation (spurred by presumption or misunderstanding) was circulating. Additionally, many changes and alterations to the proposed law were made along the way. At this point, some of the arguments your friends, neighbors or co-workers continue to debate don’t even factor into the legislation signed by President Obama. So what’s the truth behind the Affordable Health Care for America Act?

Q: Will I be forced to change insurance?

A: No. That’s a MYTH.

If you’re satisfied with your current plan, you can keep it.

Q: Will illegal immigrants now be covered by our money?

In fact, undocumented immigrants are expressly excluded from coverage. Only legal immigrants who pay their share will be covered.

Q: Will I go to jail or be harassed by the IRS if I don’t have health coverage?

In 2014 Americans (except Native Americans, Inmates or those with religious objections) will be required to have health insurance or pay an annual penalty. True. However, the law prevents the IRS from using levies, liens or seizing property. Additionally, the IRS cannot impose criminal penalties (such as time in jail).

Q: I heard there was going to be a 10% tax increase across the board. Is that true?

A: No. That is a MYTH.

While there will be tax implications, most of the biggest changes apply to medical manufacturers, insurers and pharmaceutical companies. In fact, some Americans may see no changes at all. Tax changes that could affect average individuals include …

•A 10% sales tax on indoor tanning (yes, really)

•A 0.9% increase on the Medicare tax rate

•A 3.8% tax on investment income for individuals earning more than $200,000 and households earning more than $250,000

•Taxes on high-end or “Cadillac†health care plans (this excise tax would not begin until 2018 and only apply to insurers of plans that exceed $10,200 annually for individual coverage, or $27,500 annually for family coverage)

Q: Will the government now pay for abortions?

The law already in place which prevents using federal money to fund abortions (except in cases of rape, incest, or danger to a woman’s life) is not being altered.

Q: Will I have to pay for other people’s abortions?

Those opposed to abortion will not be forced to assist in funding them. You can simply select a plan that does not offer them. This applies not only to people who may have objections to abortions on moral grounds, but also to those who simply have no reason to pay an extra premium for that type of coverage (such as women past their child bearing years or single men).

Q: Does the “Public Option†mean the government will run health care?

A: No. That’s a MYTH … and a non-factor at this point.

In fact, the “public option†did not make it into the final legislation that President Obama signed. THERE IS NO PUBLIC OPTION. Even before it was dropped from the bill, it was misunderstood to be government-run health care – wherein the government would make your health care decisions. Rather, it would have been government-provided insurance option to compete with private insurance.

Q: Will my Medicare benefits be cut in order to extend care to others?

A: No. That, too, is a MYTH.

Brooks Jackson, director of FactCheck.org, says that although the reform package includes $500 billion in “cutsâ€, it does NOT include traditional Medicare benefit reductions.

Q: Does this mean that “death panels†are now a reality?

A: No. And they never were.

This myth was based on misunderstanding of a provision in the original bill that required payment, by Medicare, for health care practitioner-led end-of-life counseling. This is not part of the law.

LINK

•Less than $9,500 income = $0

•$9,500 - $37,000 income = $695

•$50,000 income = $1,000

•$75,000 income = $1,600

•$100,000 income = $2,250

•$125,000 income = $2,900

•$150,000 income = $3,500

•$175,000 income = $4,100

•$200,000 income = $4,700

•Over $200,000 = The cost of a "bronze" health-insurance plan

No one pays the penalty if they have health insurance.