Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

A few years back, there was a similar incident near Waco, Texas...except women and children were in the house(s)

when the US gov attacked with all they had!

Problem with all this is "we" get to "hear" only what the media/gov "thinks" we need to hear (or know). :dunno:

You seem to forget that as bad as that may have been.... the idiots in the house burned it down themselves.

"You seem to forget that as bad as that may have been.... the idiots in the house burned it down themselves."

Whether Ruby Ridge or Waco.

Leave the idiots alone.

Needless deaths of children and dogs.

A good hostage negotiator can accomplish more then guns and tanks. In a civilian environment.

All they asked me was my address. As I had registered to vote, my name and address and party affiliation was in the books. I just signed on the line next to that information. They could check the signature against previous signatures but I assume that they only do that in case of dispute. I assume that we are moving towards a biometric match at the voting polls. I don't think that there is much one can do to prevent voter fraud in ballots that are mailed in. One can always give their ballot to someone else.

Being a neutral observer on this I cannot imagine how you could vote without an ID in the Netherlands. Curious to know how voting without an ID works.

Each state is slightly different.

In this state the following must be done in order to register to vote.

Proof of Identification:

Valid Driver's License, Non-Driver's ID, Current Passport, Military ID, or a completed Qualified Voter Affidavit signed under the penalties of voting fraud set forth by State Law.

Proof of Domicile:

Valid Vehicle Registration, Utility Bill (with applicant's name on it, i.e. Telephone, Gas, Electric), medical bills, pay stubs showing your Manchester address or other monthly bills, postmarked mail within the last 30 days or a completed Domicile Affidavit signed under the penalties of voting fraud set forth by State Law.

If you are a naturalized citizen you will also need to provide proof of your citizenship or you will be asked to complete a Qualified Voter Affivadit signed under the penalties of voting fraud set forth by State Law.

Military or Oversees Citizen Registration:

If you are a member of the military you can obtain from your commanding officer a Standard Form 76 (red and white form), Federal Post Card Application - Registration and Absentee Ballot Request. If you are an oversees citizen or if your commanding officer does not have the form you can print out the online version of the Federal Post Card Application and mail it to the City Clerk's Office.

One will go to jail or be fined or both if violating the voter registration law.

Here is my suggestion for the cost of getting the documents. A waiver of the fees to anyone who is getting the documents to vote. Or a waiver to those who are unemployed or elderly or below a certain income level.

Make it easy. Make it easily affordable to those who can pay and make if free for those who can't. Make it doable by mail.

Here is my suggestion for the cost of getting the documents. A waiver of the fees to anyone who is getting the documents to vote. Or a waiver to those who are unemployed or elderly or below a certain income level.

Make it easy. Make it easily affordable to those who can pay and make if free for those who can't. Make it doable by mail.

That IS the point of all of these ALEC laws.

The Republicans know that it is cumbersome and costly for people who are old, disabled, poor, etc. to obtain such.

That IS the point of all of these voter ID laws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8

And Obama won dispite all of these roadblocks !

I had no problems voting or registering, since for years my father was an election official. He did it just for fun and some extra money. In my urban voting district in the oldest part of town, virtually everyone knew each other. When I went to vote, the poll workers were my neighbours. The only problems you'd see was someone forgetting where they were supposed to vote and going to the wrong district. Then they'd be directed to the proper one. In a big city, it must be a mess.

So. Obama is sending drones to Niger. He seems to love that thing. No risk to military lives. Deadly. I don't approve of the killing of Americans even if they are bad guys. Don't get me wrong. I won't lose a bit of sleep if some traiterous bastard who became a citizen and swore an oath decides to work with the enemy. Fck him and the boat he came in on but at the end of the day its still wrong of us to do that.

I've heard that Presidents go into the White House thinking they'll do things on the up and up and after seeing the raw intel and many, many dangerous plans in action both foreign and domestic that they quickly change their tune. Word is its scary sh*t. Obama seemed an idealist when he became a politician. Realpolitik, corporate money, etc. has made him into just another politician. Yeah, he may try and get some things done that are idealistic but given the choice, he'll choose pragmatism over idealism.

On the home front, the Republican party leadership is in the midst of a budding civil war. The tea party types are just bad for business. Locally they can win, even statewide depending on the state (bible belt, rural states) but nationally they are just bad for the party. They seem to offend or have some issue that grates any who isn't a straight, religious white male.

The Democrats have the left, center and even some issues right of center. The Republicans are getting marginalized farther right. I personally like it if both parties are viable. The checks and balance system works. Then you have guys like Graham and McCain trying to stay relevant. Hagel is a non issue that was made into an issue. Rice was a non issue made into an issue.

Corpse found in L.A. hotel's water tank

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Tourists staying at a Los Angeles hotel bathed, brushed teeth and drank water from a tank in which a young woman's body was likely decomposing for more than two weeks, police said. :surprised:

Elisa Lam's corpse was found in the Cecil Hotel's rooftop water tank by a maintenance worker who was trying to figure out why the water pressure was low Tuesday.

Lam's parents reported her missing in early February. The last sighting of her was in the hotel on January 31, Los Angeles Police said.

Detectives are now investigating the 21-year-old Canadian's suspicious death, police Sgt. Rudy Lopez said.

It was not clear whether the water presented any health risks to those who consumed it. Results on tests on the water done Wednesday by the Los Angeles Public Health Department were expected later in the day.

The hotel management has not responded to CNN requests for comment.

Video appears to show four cisterns on the hotel roof.

People who stayed at the Cecil since Lam's disappearance expressed shock about developments.

"The water did have a funny taste," Sabrina Baugh told CNN on Wednesday. She and her husband used the water for eight days. :barf:

"We never thought anything of it," the British woman said. "We thought it was just the way it was here."

What she described was not normal.

"The shower was awful," she said. "When you turned the tap on, the water was coming black first for two seconds and then it was going back to normal."

The hotel remained open after the discovery, but guests checking in Tuesday were told not to drink it, according to Qui Nguyen, who decided to find a new hotel Wednesday.

Nguyen said he learned about the body from a CNN reporter, not the hotel staff.

http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_c1