Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Me thinks that like most stories in the media, there is always more then is being told.

It is common business practice to place a large order to get a discount, then rather

then have one large delivery of the item(s), stage it out over weeks/months/years.

It would be nice to see the US gov buting something at a discounted price!

Me thinks that like most stories in the media, there is always more then is being told.

It is common business practice to place a large order to get a discount, then rather

then have one large delivery of the item(s), stage it out over weeks/months/years.

It would be nice to see the US gov buting something at a discounted price!

It is worse that a lot of people, including you, heard "1billion rounds of ammo" and instantly thought the worst. Yet a simple Google search came up with multipul items citing credible sources and simple math showing this "conspiracy" was nothing of the sort.

Ask any USMC weapons training Sgt.; the USMC spends about 100,000 round of ammo training for every 1 round shot in combat.... You dont get good shooting 50 rounds every now and then, you do it shooting a TON.

"Money spent violating the basic human rights of Palestinians could be spent in America violating the basic human rights of Americans."

and the word Palestinians ay be substituted for any Nationality du jour, of your choice.

Hear Hear!

Ask any USMC weapons training Sgt.; the USMC spends about 100,000 round of ammo training for every 1 round shot in combat.... You dont get good shooting 50 rounds every now and then, you do it shooting a TON.

I bet belt fed full auto is where most of that is used up with the Marines. Would think that DHS is mostly handguns.

I shot up a lot of ammunition from 20 round magazines in the Army. Still, I don't see Homeland Security using anywhere near as much as the armed forces do. As you say, Homeland Security should place an emphasis on handguns. I seriously doubt they receive the same amount of weapons training as combat arms troops do.

More than a Vacation a Month for Obamas in 2013

In the first three months of the year, members of the first family have been on three vacations, averaging a vacation a month. And now it's being reported that the first daughters are on a spring break vacation in the Bahamas.

The Obamas began the new year in Hawaii. "President Obama departed Hawaii this morning for Washington, after spending NINE days vacationing with family and friends in his native state. Here’s a quick look at how he spent his vacation," ABC reported on January 6, 2013.

Of course, there's no reason to begrudge the first family for enjoying a good vacation. But at a time when the White House is closed to the public [to "save money"], it all might seem a little odd.

http://www.weeklysta...013_711998.html