Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I know a retired Marine colonel who said he started losing people when they saw how much more they could make privately. They didn't re-up when they realised they could do far less work for much more money. Mercenaries aren't cheap nowadays.

That's what happend to us and also why I did it for about a year. (Went back to the military though afterwards, as many here know.)

That's what happend to us and also why I did it for about a year. (Went back to the military though afterwards, as many here know.)

The USA was founded wiith the usage of mercenaries. I think if our country wanted to

they could find an abundance of third-world soldiers to fight

as mercenaries in our proxy wars and it would not cost us much in the process.

As for my original question

"What would Audie Murphy have said about expending 100,000 rounds of ammo just to kill one enemy?"

The USA was founded wiith the usage of mercenaries. I think if our country wanted to

they could find an abundance of third-world soldiers to fight

as mercenaries in our proxy wars and it would not cost us much in the process.

As for my original question

"What would Audie Murphy have said about expending 100,000 rounds of ammo just to kill one enemy?"

Well, for one that is not what you asked. But either way, I answered it. See above.

DHS excuse for buying billions of rounds of ammo exposed as yet another blatant lie

http://www.naturalnews.com/039753_DHS_ammo_purchases_blatant_lie.html

Responding to a letter from Sen. Tom Coburn, the Department of Homeland Security — an agency that has no business being armed in the first place — says it’s buying billions of rounds of ammunition in order to “significantly lower costs.â€

It’s all about saving money, you see. DHS isn’t arming up in anticipation of a shooting war on the streets of America, and it’s not buying thousands of armored assault vehicles for that purpose either. No, DHS is only buying all this ammo to save you money!

This response by DHS, of course, is an obvious lie. Why? Because a significant portion of the bullet purchases specify hollow point rounds. In case you didn’t know, hollow points are significantly MORE expensive than “ball†ammo (FMJ). Under the Geneva convention, hollow points are illegal to use in war because they cause far greater tissue damage, too. So they can only be used domestically, inside the United States in a civil action, not an international war...

I remember the Army blowing up huge piles of ammunition on US bases. I worked for the Ordnance Corps and saw it happen. Ammo does have a "use by" date on it, after which the Army destroys it. (Always wondered why they didn't just shoot it up on the training range.)

Maybe the DHS is buying a special kind of ammo that lasts forever.

One in four Americans think Obama may be the antichrist, survey says :chili:

About one in four Americans suspect that President Barack Obama might be the antichrist, more than a third believe that global warming is a hoax and more than half suspect that a secretive global elite is trying to set up a New World Order, according to a poll released on Tuesday.

The survey, which was conducted by Public Policy Polling, asked a sample of American voters about a number of conspiracy theories, phrasing the questions in eye-catching language that will have the country's educators banging their heads on their desks. The study revealed that 13% of respondents thought Obama was "the antichrist", while another 13% were "not sure" – and so were at least appeared to be open to the possibility that he might be. Some 73% of people were able to say outright that they did not think Obama was "the antichrist".

The survey also showed that 37% of Americans thought that global warming was a hoax, while 12% were not sure and a slim majority – 51% – agreed with the overwhelming majority view of the scientific establishment and thought that it was not. The survey also revealed that 28% of people believed in a sinister global New World Order conspiracy, aimed at ruling the whole world through authoritarian government. Another 25% were "not sure" and only a minority of American voters – 46% – thought such a conspiracy theory was not true.

At least some of the insane theories suggested by the poll were dismissed by large majorities. For example, only 7% of Americans in the survey believed the moon landing was faked, 14% believed in Bigfoot and 4% accepted that "shape-shifting alien reptilian people control our world by taking on human form". In other good news, Paul McCartney will be relieved that a mere 5% of respondents believed that he died in a car crash in 1966 and was replaced by a double so the Beatles could continue their careers, and just 11% embraced the concept that the US government knowingly allowed the terror attacks of 11 September 2001 to take place.

The survey was carried out in order to explore how voters' political beliefs impact on their willingness to embrace conspiracy theories – it did indeed find that the partisan divide that is blamed for many problems in Washington DC also extends to the world of paranoia, aliens and Sasquatch. For example, when it comes to thinking global warming is a hoax some 58% of Republicans agreed and 77% of Democrats disagreed. While 20% of Republicans believed Obama is the antichrist heralding the End Times, only 13% of independents did and just 6% of Democrats.

"Even crazy conspiracy theories are subject to partisan polarization, especially when there are political overtones involved. But most Americans reject the wackier ideas out there about fake moon landings and shape-shifting lizards," said PPP president Dean Debnam

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/02/americans-obama-anti-christ-conspiracy-theories

DHS excuse for buying billions of rounds of ammo exposed as yet another blatant lie

http://www.naturalne...latant_lie.html

Responding to a letter from Sen. Tom Coburn, the Department of Homeland Security — an agency that has no business being armed in the first place — says it’s buying billions of rounds of ammunition in order to “significantly lower costs.â€

It’s all about saving money, you see. DHS isn’t arming up in anticipation of a shooting war on the streets of America, and it’s not buying thousands of armored assault vehicles for that purpose either. No, DHS is only buying all this ammo to save you money!

This response by DHS, of course, is an obvious lie. Why? Because a significant portion of the bullet purchases specify hollow point rounds. In case you didn’t know, hollow points are significantly MORE expensive than “ball†ammo (FMJ). Under the Geneva convention, hollow points are illegal to use in war because they cause far greater tissue damage, too. So they can only be used domestically, inside the United States in a civil action, not an international war...

That's moronic. Guess they did not talk to any cops. I dont know any police dept in the US that does not use hollow point ammo. We shot it at the range to because you practice with what you play with. (Also you want to turn over old stock.) I only got ball ammo in the military. But we still had hollow points and even nastier stuff like zip rounds, tracer, and incendiary.