Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Powers to be just won't let this rest and it seems compounded that the US gov

just does not give a clear, truthful answer :dunno:

But that's not true either. The DHS gave the answer posted i think twice above. The real issue is a very few people don't want to believe it.

"US tries to save money sometimes? No way!"

"Cops actually train a lot?? Say it isn't so..!"

Better to say the media and a few others won't let this rest.

Like they, never let the truth get in the way of a news story!

Well, I'm not sure many would call "natural news. com" main stream media. 90% of it is written by one guy? (2 shitang say he's trying to make money.) CNN, MSNBC, Fox all seemed to drop this one when they actually read the request and did some simple math.

Problem with the big news media is that they do not report the real news!

Remember Obama got elected and the big news media did not ask the questions that should have

been asked or report about the other, more then worthy, candidates!

Also, it has been a few years ago, but one reporter / photographer took a very dignified pictures

of many caskets of fallen soldiers be flown out of Iraq and was raked over the coals!!

Remember Hillary getting ready to take the blame for the killing of the US Ambassador in Lebanon?

That story went away quick! Now she is in the news as she is thinking of running for President???

What news, all horse hockey,manipulated, crap!!!

If one has a sliver of a brain, they will check the alternative news, IMO. YMMV...all the other disclaimers....

You get a better sense of Amercan media/news bias when you are outside the country. I often get a more balanced, informative perspective from British news reporting on an American issue. I also like Al jazeera (spelling?) sometimes. They get a bad rep in America but they often have a diversified, well informed panel and they are not liked by the middle east governments. That alone is an endorsement.

Most national news are biased for their own country's interest. The alternative media or outside the country often tells the 'real' story or at least puts it in its proper context.

• Like 1

What happened to the crusaders at newspapers? Reporters and papers who built their reputation on exposing frauds, etc.? We don't seem to have that anymore. It just seems that major papers are slanted to either political party these days.

The last crusading show I recall was 60 minutes but I haven't seen that in yearrs and don't know if they were that way. They always seem to expose anyone, no respect of person, position or party. Don't know if they have changed now.

As a kid I used to cringe when Mike Wallace or one of the others would ask the million dollar question and the person would do the 'umm' , 'ahh' and try to escape either physically or shut down verbally. lol...those were the days.

What happened to the crusaders at newspapers?

I've been trying to think of the last few confirmed "earth shaking" revelations in the press concerning the US. A few I can come up with might be:

WorldCom financial melt down

Enron

Clinton Gate

AuboGrab (sp?) <<<---This might not qualify as those idiots did it to themselves by posting the photos online. So the press did not break it, they just reported on it.

With the internet making just about everyone a reporter, I think we will see less and less serious revelations by the hard working journalest unless the story is so old that next to no one cares anymore. They will just report on what "the low level accountant discovered his company is lying about its earnings to the tune of $50 billon" and published himself on YouTube and Facebook.

I don't care who reports as long its relevant and in the spirt of true journalism. I've heard that professors of journalism at universities are split over what is 'true' journalism. Blogs, etc.

Who ever reports the truth is a journalist in my book. Its actually the blogosphere that reports a lot of the truth or at least the wider context of stuff. Especially in politics. Both the conservative and liberal blogs explain the real contexts of stuff.