Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

OK I AM SIMPLY POSTING THIS ROM TH WASHINGTON EXAMINER GIVEN THEY ARE POLLING RESULTS FROM THE PEW FOUNDATION-A GOOD SOURCE

READ IT AND WEEP / DON'T BELIEVE IT / I DON'T CARE/DON'T P ON ME

BUT IT SURE AS HELL IS INTERESTING

I PERSONALY THINK TRUMP WENT TOOOO FAR-BUT OBAMA IS PRETTY FASCIST RIGHT NOW-

NOT TO MENTION CERTAN "ASIAN "COUNTRIES

The pace of Muslim immigration to the U.S. has picked up significantly in recent years. "A recent Pew Research Center report estimated that the Muslim share of immigrants granted permanent residency status (green cards) increased from about 5 percent in 1992 to roughly 10 percent in 2012, representing about 100,000 immigrants in that year," Pew reports.

As far as beliefs and attitudes are concerned, Pew asked Muslims in 39 countries whether they want sharia to be law of the land where they live. The percentage who answer yes is very, very high in some countries: Ninety-nine percent say yes in Afghanistan, 91 percent in Iraq, 84 percent in Pakistan. On the low end, just 12 percent of Muslims in Turkey say they want sharia to be the law of the land; the number is 10 percent in Kazakhstan.

The United States admits a lot of immigrants from the countries whose Muslim populations favor sharia. According to a separate report from the Senate Immigration Subcommittee, the U.S. awarded 11,000 green cards to immigrants from Afghanistan from 2009-13, 83,000 to Iraqis in the same time period and 83,000 to Pakistanis. The U.S. awarded 22,000 green cards to Turks in that time, and 7,000 to Khazaks.

On the question of violence, Pew asked Muslims around the world the following question: "Some people think that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets are justified in order to defend Islam from its enemies. Other people believe that, no matter what the reason, this kind of violence is never justified. Do you personally feel that this kind of violence is often justified to defend Islam, sometimes justified, rarely justified or never justified?"

"Muslims mostly say that suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilians in the name of Islam are rarely or never justified, including 92 percent in Indonesia and 91 percent in Iraq," Pew reported. On the other hand, in some countries, the "justified" answers are quite high. In Afghanistan, for instance, 18 percent say such violence is often justified, 21 percent say sometimes justified, 18 percent say rarely justified and 40 percent say never justified. Four percent say they don't know.

sideScrollLarge-bc0f4c9929e97bd1f38a3a7e622ea5e3.jpg

Also from the Washington Examiner

In the United States, Pew found that 81 percent of U.S. Muslims say such violence is never justified, 5 percent say it is rarely justified, 7 percent say it is sometimes justified and 1 percent say it is often justified. Six percent say they don't know.

Read the numbers however you like. Some stress that large majorities of Muslims in the United States and in some other countries oppose such violence under all circumstances. Others point to those Muslims in the United States who believe it is justified in at least some cases — 13 percent — and say that is an unacceptably high number. And of course, Trump's proposal targets Muslims from other places in the world coming to the United States, which involves some Muslim-majority countries in which approval of violence in the name of Islam is alarmingly high.

AGREED BUT HOW?

THE FBI SAYS THEY CANNOT DO SO...

Give 'em a questionnaire on arrival.

I went to Australia recently and I had to fill out a form saying that I hadn't been to Africa and got Ebola, I asked them if they had one for South America and Chagas disease, but they were not amused. I offered that I also hadn't been to India and Belarus and could I have forms for those countries, but the moment had passed and the lady started looking sour at me, so I left.

Most of you probably already know this but I just read that, as of January 1, 2016, extra pages will no longer be added to U.S. Passports. Instead of buying 24 pages packets for $82, you will have to get a new Passport for $110. You can get the packet of pages through December 31.