F#*&^@ sales people did it again

tartempion

2km black top and 2km dirt road to the families rice land.

I really need to exercise more than my daily bicycle ride and have this idea to take the dogs, a relax chair, food and drinks to the field and to walk from there. all directions are open whilst I can't go walking with or without dogs from my door.

Thus the idea to buy a samlor (a motorbike with 3 wheels and a covered sitting/carrying area).

Yesterday afternoon we hit a shop on the main road to our village on the way out of Udon Thani.

They show us an 130cc samlor, 56.500 baht. The man insists "NO clutch pulling needed" although I see and try the more than visible clutch handle.

No no he shows me and demonstrates changing gears is done with left foot not touching the clutch handle. The second seller, a lady tells my wife "clutch handle for show" :surprised:

Then they show us a 150cc samlor with a reverse gear, handy isn't? Demonstration again, I notice the man using the clutch handle :shocked:

Oh yes, this one needs clutch......go figure.

3k baht more expensive.

Thus we have a long discussion deciding on rear gear versus clutch pulling.

I prefer no clutch pulling and considering my wife will driving the samlor, same same for her, whilst the two sales people attentively follow our arguments.

When we communicate our decision to go for the 130cc "clutch-less"samlor (afterwards I understood the clutch handle needs to be pulled to start the engine - That's the "show function I guess") we are told they also have a 150cc samlor, no rear gear, no clutch for 56500 baht, same price as the 130cc!!! Go figure tis one :neener:

Les petrol consumption we are told.

I don't believe that, but 150cc must be stronger than 130cc thus decision is 150cc no rear gear, no clutch.

We pay and are told delivery is immediate.

One hour later the samlor is delivered 40kms East and demonstration is given: clutch NEED to be pulled to change gears :cussing:

We are baffled, wife stays cool but looses it later. Gets on the phone, followed by bullshit.

"That samlor is no longer new, you drove it home".

No sir, was delivered by pick-up and did not see the street.

You won't be able to drive a 130cc up hills (there ain't no hills here), and more of this shit.

The main shop owner (not the shop we bought but a down town business promised to have this sorted out this morning, deliver a 130cc clutchless samlor and pick up the not-new-anymore one, because there ain't a 150cc clutch-less samlor.

Curious, but what a bunch of idiots....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GF not sitting in neutral :argue:

Made some phone calls at 8.30, first to the shop where the lady claimed she DID tell us the 150cc had clutch, lie to save face :banghead:

The to the business owner who finally agreed to sens an other pick up with a 130cc samlor.

Two hours later a nice man delivered the goods.

I had a ride to get some petrol and to the rice field via the dirt road, dirt road indeed on a samlor :yikes: affraid it will break my back. Might be funny though.

Made it run at 40kmh in 4th gear on black top road!

Archived