Border Patrol agent killed

Bangkoktraveler

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been to Rio Rico AZ. North of Nogalas. Some of the fancy homes on the hills have some fabulous views or area. The town is mostly on the east side of highway but new developments near highway on west side. And there is absolutely nothing west of this small development. All mountain desert for many a mile with just about zero human activities - other then illegals walking north.

I think they have a permenant Border Patrol station on highway just north of there. One has to exit highway, stop, and answer a question or two - then enter highway again. Unless, of course, your answers to questions are incorrect.

No señor, no ganja aquí, gracias. Ah, y no ilegales en el tronco. Hueles a mierda de caballo. Tenga un buen día.

My Spanish is a little rusty.

Cop was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, which seems was appropriate according to the law.

Ah, that's OK. I had been told that he had gotten off scott-free, which would have been wrong. I should have looked it up myself.

Frash, the difference is that I expect it here and can act appropriately. Also, I hold my own country to a much higher standard than I do LoS.

My mother grew up in Chicago in the 1930s. I've heard stories of police corruption all my life - including the time my grandfather's car was stolen and the Irish desk sergeant admitted to him they knew where it was (being stripped in a garage) but that the precinct captain had ordered them to leave the thieves alone.

I often think of Chicago when anyone mentions crooked cops in Bangkok. Same same but different.

Flash & LK, Just out of interest here in the UK we seem to have fewer layers of law enforcement than in the U.S.A. We also hear that at the Federal level corruption is more or less unheard of compared to local levels. Is that true or am I being naive/listening to a load of bollocks?!

Simie.

Thanks chaps. Flash I was actually thinking more of organisations such as the FBI! Your airport guys sound rather like security at Heathrow and Gatwick. A few years ago my neice's step brother (a BA pilot) was told he could'nt take a very small Swiss army pen knife on board. It did'nt seem to light up anything in the security guys brain when he pointed out he was the co-pilot and had a bloody great fire axe behind his seat!

Simie.

Most of our known contact with TSA is with the baggage screeners and those at the checkpoints. They are NOT law enforcement. I believe the only TSA employees who are federal law enforcement are sky marshals and IA types who do investigative work. Many of those are former military who have been relatively recently discharged from the service.

In 1970, after Arafat and his PLO buddies hi-jacked a bunch of planes and blew them up, probably 80% of the sky marshals hired were VN vets who had been discharged. It was a good way for the guys to get a foot in the door to federal employment, even though the pay wasn't great.

HH

Archived