The sadness behind the smiles?

Lusty

Same for most of Cambodia. Cambodian "values" are even more conservative that rural Thai. We hear about Thai and Khmer families "selling" their daughters, etc. quite a bit. I asked Ms. Hoy if any of her Cambo villagers had done that. She said that she did not know of any, but that she had heard that it takes place some places in the country.

Khmer society places quite a high value on virginity. Consequently, as in Thailand, you will find a few shaggable babes in their 30's who are still virgins.

HH

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The foreign nightlife sector pumps (no pun intended) millions of baht into rural areas every year. Its importance to Isaan in particular is not even acknowledged by the government (no matter what party is in power). Only a small percent of the Isaan young women enter the money-for-honey trade. It is a credit to Issan morality that the majority of its women don't take the easy road to riches.

Whilst I agree with yourself and hugh hoy, for the buy now pay later generation, the small percent, they are mortgaging their young years looking for the jackpot; hardly an easy road, but perhaps the easier road.

It's the dysfunctional families that kill the golden goose with the anti-thesis of the bird in the hand better than two in the bush.

There is sadness everywhere, even among those maids of such high moral standards.

Link

A woman caught shoplifting from a 7-Eleven told police she committed the crime because she was bored with her life and wanted to go to jail.

Wipha Chanachuen, 53, said she was tired of working for a living and wanted to rest in an old people’s home – but jail was the next best option.

Khon Kaen City Police arrested Ms Wipha on December 8 after being alerted to the crime by the manager of the 7-Eleven branch at Khon Kaen Central Hospital.

Ms Wipha, who has been charged with theft, was caught in possession of a stolen bottle of skin lotion (69 baht), a packet of coffee (30 baht) and a packet of Coffee Mate (17 baht).

Ms Wipha lived alone in a 700-baht-per-month rental room in Khon Kaen City. Working as a cleaner at the Department of Medical Technology and Khon Kaen University, she earned just 4,500 baht a month.

With no husband or living siblings, she was bored of the people around her and tired, she told police. She didn’t want to “fight†any more, she said. ...

i offered my honor she honored my offer and all night long it was on her and off her. prostitution should be legal world wide but it seems to me that there are too many groups that would not agree with me what is Thailand Cambodia going to do when they receive less revenue next to nothing due too all the crack downs i mean after all don't tourists need to relieve themselves? why not create a zone inside the city or on the outskirts i said skirt lol where the workers are allowed to work as long as they can prove they are clean and registered as well just a idea kinda like zona norte in TJ

Archived