The sadness behind the smiles?

Lusty

Thus if mommie and daddy sit down and tell you they want you to become a whore, you may well do it.

I don't think it happens this way. The girls are brought up in a culture where everything trains them that taking care of the parents is the most important thing they can do. Thus, the parents don't have to say anything, and usually just their silence is enough motivation for the girls.

I had a conversation with a girl recently about this. She was talking about how much she loves her mom, so I asked if she had built a house for her mom yet. She said she had actually built two and that if she (the bargirl) died, her mom would be well taken care of. I said something like "in the west the parents don't ask for anything and actually usually give money to the kids rather than the other way around."

She got a little bit indignant at that point and said something like "my mother has never asked me for anything." I just told her I understood but that Thais were expected to take care of their parents and that's why she was acting in this way. She agreed with me--recognizing the burden imposed but not willing to shirk the responsibility.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why are the sons usually such total wankers? The burden doesn't seem to fall on them very heavily.

p.s. I know someone who had to rescue a young woman from being shipped off into white slavery in Switzerland. Her parents were so furious that they tried to force the next daughter to go work in a brothel instead. (The parents would get something like 500,000 baht for the girl's one year services.) They couldn't seem to realise that the gal would be shagging maybe 4 to 6 guys every single day. Or maybe they just didn't care. (Hint: ask Fly about this some time.)

I seen a few girls go from bright eyed bushy tailed ladies into hardcore hookers.

With one, whom I became entangled with for some 6 mths, a great girl with a real spark for life.

I after we finished and remained friends, tried to explain that she would change for the worse and permanently if she stayed in Pattaya and in the game.

Unfortunately a year or 2 on still there hardcore max with sad and somewhat cruel eyes.

I seen a few girls go from bright eyed bushy tailed ladies into hardcore hookers.

With one, whom I became entangled with for some 6 mths, a great girl with a real spark for life.

I after we finished and remained friends, tried to explain that she would change for the worse and permanently if she stayed in Pattaya and in the game.

Unfortunately a year or 2 on still there hardcore max with sad and somewhat cruel eyes.

I guess we all have seen this happening to a BG. And I think we shouldn't forget this, if we compare this to an 'usual' job.

By the way, a fellow board member, who was involved in a research studay on HIV, a study which used BG's as a test group, told me that the most astonishing result was, how many of the girl's blood samples showed the use of Yaba and other drugs.

And of course there is the alcohol. The BG I was involved with recently, told me that every day she and a group of others meet upstairs at the bar and have at least one bottle of Whiskey for to warm up for to be able to be Sanuk with the customers. And if fact when I came earlier to the bar I saw girls going upstairs with a bottle of Whiskey.

Example: Just look at the end of the stage in Playskool at NEP... At least a couple of bottles of Sang Som are "put on" every night for the girls.

And also sit at the Asoke end of SC near Country Road and see how much trade the yahdom (moonshine) stand does of an evening. 10B per shot I think it is.

There's a core question here ---> is prostitution wrong or bad? That is THE question.

I don't have a problem with it. People forced into it? Certainly that is wrong and should be aggresively prosecuted. And sex is something that even today is not fully understood, by anyone. It's wrapped up in so many stigmas and biases and culture and biology and part of who you are. But people start getting a little ridiculous and attaching almost a supernatural value to it along with puritanial filters to make themselves feel better. And that leads to miserable people who are fucked up in the head proliferating their poison, and IMHO that does more widespread damage than prostitution does.

As for a transformation from bright-eyed and bushy tailed to something else, we've all seen that everywhere in all walks of life. I find it a relief when I DON'T find that.

And alcohol. DEAR GOD THANK YOU FOR ALCOHOL, it's helped me get through tough times. That's all I say on that subject.

The sentiments that Chuck expressed with Pattaya, I'm feeling the same way in LA of late (sans BGs), hence my desire to escape. I don't like Pattaya, but that was because there ARE a lot of asshole punters there you just don't want to be around.

But BG's as an institution -- fuck yeah I'm grateful they are there. And may the holier-than-thous never be able to kill it.

:)

Ps. None of that is directed at Chuck, Moo, etc. I enjoy - and respect - what you guys have to say, even when there's small disagreement.

We're just talking. It's why I like Thai360. Let it all hang out. For the record I've got no moral qualms about prostitution. I'm just fed up with the same old go-go bar shit. Sometimes I can watch girls dancing over a beer or two if the music is alright but the stupid chatter bores me. But if guys want to pick out something to fuck good luck to them. And if girls want to make some money off them good luck to them too.

Pattaya is OK for a few days....I like walking around and I know a few people there. But screw the nightlife. I quite like people-watching on Soi 7 if the girls leave me alone and I’ve used Soi 6 a bit in the past. If I'm horny I prefer Beach Road. I've met some surprising girls there. Ditto Bangkok. When I’m in the mood to get laid (which isn't that often these days) I usually go looking in Thermae.

Archived