The sadness behind the smiles?

Lusty

The exchange of sex for favour is innate.

The circumstance in which the transaction takes place varies.

Women will "fall in love" with the most suitable (in their eyes) suitor. If he is not available, then the next most suitable suitor will do.

From the exalted halls of Power and Royalty, to the lowest slums and ghettos, this is how it works.

Whilst, one partner for life, is the most preferable from a woman's point of view, being the most economical use of the resources she has, multiple partners can be accommodated if the previous one is gone. See second marriages.

Where the environment has degraded to such an extent, that fairy tale relationships can no longer exist, short term partners may be countenanced.

Many hookers may be unhappy with their lifestyle, but the ones I've encountered have had the choice and are happier, than the single mum living next to the rice field with 4 kids, scraping a living whilst her ex-husband drinks under a tree in the next village.

Sadness in the eyes? yes. For the reasons supposed? no.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack old pal,

Nothing pathetic at all about you, in any sense of the word! Might just be the vicodin and vodka talkin' here, but I have always found you to be a level headed guy. A guy who has his head on straight, and is not afraid to measure up to life's challenges!

That salutation aside, I do think we all have a certain sense of desperation about us as we search for "love by the hour" in LOS. I my adopted father ever told me anything of value, it was this, "...the 3 most degrading things you will ever do is look for a job, buy a car, and try to get laid..." The guy wasn't much as a man and lord knows I have my issues with him, but if he was ever right on the money it was then and there...

I have always said that the whores and whore buyers/the punters were all from the same stock, the same cloth etc...that is, we were all part of the same word...just as much as I see pathetic desperation in the eyes of many whores (and god knows I love me some whores!) as I have in the eyes of just as many punters, if not more so.

Truth be told, the punters are perhaps more desperate for "love" then the whores are for money. Ever see a whore HAVE to go 1/2 way around the world to sell her ass? yet a punter will do just that to buy ass...and then confuse it with "love" and "a real relationship..." How many of those sick bastards have we known? Besides ourselves I mean...?

Anyway what were we talking about again...? Oh yeah "sadness behinf the smiles..." Only time I see a girl in tears is when she is being fucked by me, only time I see them laugh is when I take my pants off, and they ask "hum kong khun utee nai...?" Obviously Thai for "wow I hope that big thing doesn't hurt me!" Anyway, Thai whores, I'm all for them!

...and they ask "hum kong khun utee nai...?" Obviously Thai for "wow I hope that big thing doesn't hurt me!"

No' date=' it actually means "That's the special nail polish you brought?"[/quote']

Oddly I havn't bought nail polish for a Thai girl before...or did I? I know I bought some cosmetics...and some other stuff...hmmm...maybe it means something else based on tone...?

Truth be told, the punters are perhaps more desperate for "love" then the whores are for money. Ever see a whore HAVE to go 1/2 way around the world to sell her ass? yet a punter will do just that to buy ass...and then confuse it with "love" and "a real relationship..." How many of those sick bastards have we known? Besides ourselves I mean...?

Hundreds of Thousands of women are doing it. Germany is full of foreign hookers from all over the world, either by their own choice or forced - as you find African and Russian prostitutes in LOS.

As it was said before: You'll get the partner you deserve, if you want it or not. If you expect the worst you might unconsciously force the women to act accordingly. Regrettably the same applies to the opposite: if you expect the best you might get fucked as well, just because of your expectations.

I'll guess as it is often the case, the middle path might be the easiest way to go: Open eyes, expectations not too high, enjoying the ride as long as it lasts.

And from my own limited experience: there are probably much better places to go, if you are looking for relationship based on mutual interests. And which is not as asymmetrical as between a well off Farang from a Western culture and a poor, uneducated farm girl from an Asian third world country.

Anyway, there are two levels which IMHO shouldn't be mixed: the reality of the job for the women, reasons for doing it and their expectations - and the reasons why men go to whores and what they expect from the encounter.

In regard to choices, while some like to put the whores and the punters in the same sack, there is one huge difference: A man can change his mind at any second and just leave the scene forever. For the BG's I got to now a little bit better, it is not that easy, because her decision has usually consequences on the living conditions of a whole family. Even if she want's to leave the trade, the family pressure (and loans packed on her back) might prevent her to do so.

Not so long ago it was common enough in rural areas for parents to pick their prettiest daughter to go work in a bar or brothel to support them. It probably happens often enough today. Thais are brought up to believe that they owe their lives to their parents. Even if your parents were absolute shits who abandoned you as an infant, you still are supposed to respect them. Thus if mommie and daddy sit down and tell you they want you to become a whore, you may well do it.

p.s. When I lived up north, you'd sometimes see one woman out of many out working in the rice fields who had her face and neck completely covered. All you'd see was her eyes - as if she were in a burkha. Thais told me those were the pretty white girls. Her parents didn't want the sun to damage her skin, since they hoped to marry her off to a rich man or sell her into prostitution. Nice parents, huh.

Archived