If you had to go work for a huge multinational company, who would it be...?

TheCorinthian

I really loved my job at Ford, back before the circa 1993 reorg that took me out (I do understand why, and I'm OK with it, and they took care of us at the time). Ford always had your back, they compensated well, prepared you well for the next new challenge and believed in continuing education and promotion from within. Those qualities are still evident in Ford's performance in the financial crisis IMHO. But hey, they never lost their drive: there has always been a car guy and/or family member at least on the BoD.

I'd certainly look for that in a corp I wanted to join: do they have a "subject matter expert" on the BoD? Or is it just MBAs and beancounters? If the later, no good can come from it.

Whatever company, you need to find the rare beast that treats the employees like valued teammates versus contemptible parasites. Sadly, that seems very difficult to find now-a-days...

To get an idea go to Monster and then get to the international part. Choose different countries and it will help you get an idea what is out there.

In my case I liked where I ended up and then chose the job to match the country. Most sane people would do it the other way around.

Thanks, but that is not the question. :)

Would like to be able to answer, but on an anonymous internet forum doing so would be releasing a bit too much personal information.

Suffice to say I am very happy with the MNC that I have worked for in the past 20 or so years. Well over half of that on overseas assignments.

I will say that Google doesn’t sound half bad to work for, but I have no idea what their overseas packages are like. To me, that would be the overriding factor any decision to work for any company.

TH

I have always wotked freelance for MNC's, I prefer freelance it allows me hide my income and stay off the taxmans radar so to speak.

Company registered in Switzerland and Holding Company in British Virgin Isles and it is totaly legit, Dodgy but legit

Previous Project I was hired by Royal Dutch Shell currently on direct hire to Saudi Aramco / Total on a JV they have hence the reason I am stuck in Spain at the moment. I have done ExxonMobil and BP in the past.

I would never work direct for a MNC, I much prefer being an Industrial whore selling my services to the highest bidder.

I consider myself fortunate my work seems natural to me but within the Industry I am in demand, I don't class myself as number one but when new projects come up I am usualy approached, top one hundred is probably where I fit in.

What do I do, I Engineer some of the most complex automation systems within Oil and Gas Industry but I do it freelance

Archived