Gloves Off - Libya

unit731

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to wonder what would have happened to that woman they dragged off if international media hadnt been there to film the whole disgusting episode. As it is, they dismissed her as a 'deranged prostitute' - apparently that makes it OK for Gaddafi's militia to pack rape a woman. I'm hoping that the survivors of Lockerbie get some natural justice very, very soon.

Could not be worse than that shit hole I had to live at for a year in Djibouti...

I cant imagine anyone going there *voluntarily* : saw some of Djibouti in a doco on the Legion, and the French take perverse pleasure in ensuring that all of the Legion training grounds are hellholes - Equatorial Guinea looked even worse.

As it turns out, Djibouti would have been good preparation for Afghanistan. Train hard, fight easy, eh Mon Ami ? :)

Yep, our base is right beside theirs. They're good! But of course by definition they are not French! :p

The French Army *claim* that the Legion receive the same discipline etc as the French enlistees, and the majority of their officers come straight from the French 'regulars' : you still have to assume that they crank it up a notch or two for the foreigners. They might have lifted their game in terms of who they will and wont take, but I doubt that too many of them were altar boys prior to enlistment. It was once a haven for former SS soldiers, but then the US recruited Nazi scientists so I guess the French saw nothing wrong with that. Even today, the largest percentage of Legionnaires are reportedly German - must be something in the water.

Archived