Millionaires from 'crazy' ideas

Steve

I still think the Facebook story takes the cake. While I dont think Zuckerberg spends too much time acting like Donald Trump, he must still pinch himself. Who knew you could make money just by letting people look at photos of other people making fools of themselves in social situations ?

Myspace preceded it and its almost non existant now. I remember havng a Myspace page and then going to FB when not many people were on there. I instantly liked FB more.

Myspace seemed inundated with (and associated) with teenagers. I initially saw FB as "Myspace for adults'. The crowd was a little older. Also, people used their real names.

He got to be pinching himself as yous say but the one thing I've NEVER wanted was fame. I would much rather have the money (not as much as him, too much and everyone wants to know who you are..ala Gates).

Hi,

"the one thing I've NEVER wanted was fame. I would much rather have the money"

Fully agree with that! I think fame would be much more hassle than it is worth.

For me "rich + unknown > rich + famous" any day.

Of course, my problem is that the 'rich' part of that equation isn't really working out yet :)

Sanuk!

Facebook. Myspace.

I just don't get it. People placing their picture online and personal information.

Anyone ever hear of privacy? Anyone ever heard of a job interview? Anyone ever hear of identity theft? Every/most personal pictures have embedded codes on them. Not hard to seek you out at your place of residence.

When Adam Savage, host of the popular science program “MythBusters,†posted a picture on Twitter of his automobile parked in front of his house, he let his fans know much more than that he drove a Toyota Land Cruiser.

Enlarge This Image

Adam Savage, host of the popular science program “Mythbusters,†posted a picture on Twitter of his automobile parked in front of his house that was geotagged.

Multimedia

Audio Slide Show How Geotags Unlocked a 'MythBuster's' Location

The ICanStalkU.com Web site provides step-by-step instructions for disabling geotagging on the iPhone.

Instructions on how to disable the geotagging feature of an Android phone.

Embedded in the image was a geotag, a bit of data providing the longitude and latitude of where the photo was taken. Hence, he revealed exactly where he lived. And since the accompanying text was “Now it’s off to work,†potential thieves knew he would not be at home.

LINK

If you have younger type children especially daughters - I would seriously monitor what they are posting online - and who is contacting/viewing them online. Not easy to do as kids themselves want privacy from parents.

There are a lot of nuts out there both young and old.

Facebook has gotten me re-connected with friends and even some family I've not seen in a long time. Its becoming 6 degrees of separation though.

I have started limiting who I accept as friends. Its done all to casually now on FB, just like it was on Myspace.

Some people 'collect' FB friends. They have over a couple thousand in some cases. Myspace was like that. You were unofficially judged in terms of your importance or relevance based on how many freinds you had.

Its now a common thing to meet a casual acquaintance and they ask for your FB info. I don't like that at all. Get to know me a bit better first. Dinner and a movie first? :nahnah:

Now, I've found that FB has gotten a bit too complex. I want to post some things, say something a bit naughty or controversial perhaps and I have relatives (or friends or former coworkers) on there who see Chocolat Steve as the nice, somewhat conservative, somewhat squeaky clean guy from yesteryear and not the cynical, whore chasing, somewhat irresponsible, social malcontent that he is now.

Archived