Sad sight

[color:white]

[color:black]

This was back when Mr. T. was Prime Minister.

As far as I am concerned, Mr. T. loved to do certain things the USA wanted and one of them was [color:red]'War on Drugs'[/color]. During these [color:red]'wars'[/color], a lot of people disappeared or just showed up dead.

The night they tried robbing me, another [color:red]'War on Drugs'[/color] had just been initiated. As far as I am concerned, when these [color:red]'wars'[/color] break out, things get weird.

They tried robbing me but before they got to me, they did rob another farang and left him for dead on the sidewalk. They brought a machete down on the top of his head.

I contacted the Embassy and told them what happened to me and the other guy. I suggested they might want to put a warning out so others don't end up like us.

Basically what they said was [color:red]"Fark Off!"[/color]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yep, situations like that are what police are for. All the embassy could do is contact family in your home country for you if you were not in a position to do it yourself

They also put out tourist warnings. Mexico is a classical example.

This is why when an Embassy does put out a warning I wonder how many got hurt or killed before they took action.

As far as I am concerned, It is better to get info from forums such as like this then from an Embassy.

sure, embassies do a range of things. There was a discussion on here some years ago on their role. Diplomatic trade and such. They are not around simply to help lost tourists and organise visas.

In BKT's case where he was robbed but physically OK, it is the local police's job to take a report. The embassy has no jurisdiction in legal matters other than to inform or advise. Eg recommend a lawyer, contact people at home etc.

Archived